News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Welcome to the new FJ Forum!

Started by Marsh W, February 07, 2009, 11:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rktmanfj

Quote from: boyitgobob on February 08, 2009, 06:20:57 PM
Thanks Marsh! I love the ability to skim/read all the new posts in all the various forums.
Looks like Yahoo YAMAHAFJ is going down - just got this email from Gary Foreman:

I am going to restrict posting, and may just close this group. I do
not have time to moderate it. There is a lot of good info burried in
the archives, so I hesitate to delete it. Maybe I'll just leave it up
for people to search. There are other FJ groups, I urge you to get
together and move before this one is gone.

Thanks,
Gary
Wonder if the old posts can be pulled and formatted some way?

Thanks again,
Bob M

Greg March still maintains the archives of the Yahoo and Netpath (now micapeak) lists at:

http://fj1200archives.com/

boyitgobob

Thanks Randy, I remembered that 5 minutes after posting. Musta been a senior moment!

rktmanfj

Quote from: boyitgobob on February 08, 2009, 08:11:14 PM
Thanks Randy, I remembered that 5 minutes after posting. Musta been a senior moment!

I figured you would...     ;D

But I thought maybe there were others who never knew about the site, or forgot where it was located.

Marsh White

Yeah, I tried to post there as well....looks like he already set it so that he has to MANUALLY review each post.  Sorry, but what bullshit!  This is the message I tried to post in response to the guy who wanted to know about other forums:

I sure hope this Yahoo board doesn't go away - but if it does, the most important thing is we all stay connected and keep in touch with each other.
I just built this site yesterday:
http://www.fjowners.com

Obviously it is quite new with only 40 members so far - however many of the most knowledge people have already joined.  I hope more of the regular posters continue to join as well.

Another alternative is the yuku FJ Owners Board:
http://fjownersboard.yuku.com/

I'm not sure how many of the regulars from here also post there.  It also doesn't have half of the features as the one I just put up...but it does seem to have it's own following.

Hope that helps!

Marsh White
http://www.fjrally.com
http://www.fjowners.com

Yamifj1200

Quote from: boyitgobob on February 08, 2009, 06:20:57 PM
Thanks Marsh! I love the ability to skim/read all the new posts in all the various forums.
Looks like Yahoo YAMAHAFJ is going down - just got this email from Gary Foreman:

I am going to restrict posting, and may just close this group. I do
not have time to moderate it. There is a lot of good info burried in
the archives, so I hesitate to delete it. Maybe I'll just leave it up
for people to search. There are other FJ groups, I urge you to get
together and move before this one is gone.

Thanks,
Gary
Wonder if the old posts can be pulled and formatted some way?

Thanks again,
Bob M

Bob, It looks like the Yahoo group has already been shut down to any more post. I tried to post to the group about not shutting it down but I spose its a done deal. Hard to believe after ten years and thousands of post and all the rallies, a few who complained ended up destroying the group. Thanks again Marsh for bulding us a new clubhouse!!!!

Eric M

http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=14833.0

"All unattended children will be served an espresso and given a puppy"

boyitgobob

Eric, I don't think it was the complainers, I think Nid's post shut it down, old bike show was obviously too far off topic.   ;D
Anyway, Ned has the honor of getting the last word in.

Bob M

teeeeeceeeee

Thanks for being the "Man of the moment" Marsh and creating a site for friends to chat in freedom.

TeeCee

FJ Flyer

Thanks, Marsh!!! Your undying dedication to this group continues to amaze me.

Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.

rookieflier

I haven't yet posted on this board my appreciation to Marsh for showing us that there are alternatives to Yahoo's antiquated format...so Thank You Marsh! In spite of its inadequacies, I'm as dismayed as everyone else that the Yahoo board may close, so I appreciate Marsh's words saying that this new board is an alternative...and not necessarily a replacement...until we can again find our way.

Gary's action last night surprised me as much as, I'm sure, it surprised all of you. I don't know Gary, and hadn't ever had contact with him prior to last night, when I sent him a brief 3-sentence email asking that he rescind my 'moderator' privileges and return me to being simply a 'member'. He wrote back saying that he'd complied with my request, then said that he was going to resort to full moderation, approving/disapproving every post himself...and may, in fact, close the board. I can only conclude that he'd been carefully watching the group's discussion over the past two weeks (and heck, maybe even over the past three months) and had already drawn his own conclusions as to the group's problems. I've never seen a post from Gary, but his post of last night clarified, in my mind at least, his (as the Group's Owner) vision as to what the group's focus *should* be...what the primary topic of discussion should be and how members should conduct themselves. And frankly, that's no different than what I saw when I joined the group roughly four years ago. Everybody talked about bikes, we all occasionally took the piss out of one another, and we all had fun. Somehow, in my view, we've lost our way.

But I don't see any reason why we can't find our way back, and the path doesn't *have* to include closing the Yahoo board or even (and with full credit to your efforts on this alternative board, Marsh) creating another one. Just my opinion.

Chris M.
Burlington, MA

FJ Flyer

What's cool is that I can access this site from my blackberry. For some reason I can't logon to the yahoo group with it. Makes it more convenient when I'm on the road.
Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.

rktmanfj

Quote from: FJ Flyer on February 09, 2009, 11:56:23 AM
What's cool is that I can access this site from my blackberry. For some reason I can't logon to the yahoo group with it. Makes it more convenient when I'm on the road.

Same here.  I can access this site from work (at least for now).

Yahoo mail and groups are blocked.

Randy T
Indy

ddlewis