News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

New to the site. Saying Hey.

Started by Rivergoast, September 29, 2013, 02:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivergoast

:greeting: I greeting you from the mostly sunny central FL. If my signature worked, you'll see I'm into vintage bikes. Mostly GSs at this point and I've been an avid member of GSR (theGSResources.com) a site for GSs. I'm currently attending MMI and will be specializing in Yamaha and Suzuki. I may ad more if funding is available. I still have a year to go. Plans are to eventually open a vintage bike resto shop. I'll work on newer bikes, but my advertising will be geared to cover the bikes regular shops don't want to work on.

I picked up two '84 FJ1100 earlier this year and finally have a little time to dedicate to getting one on the road. I'm using the best of both bikes to save money getting one on going. So far I disassembled and soaked the carbs, replaced all the o rings and currently syncing and adjusting then. Swapped front calipers and braided lines, cleaned gelled front and frozen rear masters and rear caliper, swapped wheels and tires.

Next will be addressing the hydraulic clutch, and adding a fork brace that is on the other bike. It has a Corbin solo seat and Kerker 4 into 2 exhaust, K&N pods, and a fuel pump. It came with the stock pipes and seat still in almost new condition and the stock air box.

Here is a photo that show some of the herd of GSs with the FJs gracing the middle.
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee417/gsrick/Mobile%20Uploads/ResizedImage_1366926606516_zps41f594d1.jpg

My baby on her way home.
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee417/gsrick/Mobile%20Uploads/130314_0006_zpsae4e3d30.jpg
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee417/gsrick/Mobile%20Uploads/130314_0005_zpsf883f78c.jpg

Not sure if the photos will show as they didn't pop up on the screen with copy and paste like on GSR.
I'll try again tomorrow if not.
RIDERS AND PROJECTS
2 84 FJ 1100 One a work in progress, other is donating best parts and will restore later.
Suzuki 1978 GS1000C, '78 GS750 (750/850 ENDURANCE TRACK BIKE), '80 GS1000S ( Wes Cooley), '80 GS1000G, '80 GS850G, '81 GS550T (WIFES TOY), '82 GS750T PROJECT, 3 '82 GS1100E, '85 GS700ES,

fj11.5

Brilliant collection mate,, would like to see more of the kat  :good2:
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

FJscott

Welcome fellow Floridian,

You landed on a great site to help you get those FJ,s going strong. Those red and silver models many believe
Are the best looking ones, I've been looking for one myself so if you need to thin the herd let me know  :good:
I'm down in Vero Beach, if your ever down this way and want to ride.

Scott

FJmonkey

Welcome to the best place for your FJ, you almost had it with posting the photos. Click on the "Reply with Quote" above this post to see the code for posting an image. Good color choice, I like the Silver and Red. Father Pat will be fast friends with you, he has an 84' cleaned and polished to a blinding shine. Find an East cost rally and meet up with some members. You will keep coming back.

Quote from: Rivergoast on September 29, 2013, 02:42:41 AM

Not sure if the photos will show as they didn't pop up on the screen with copy and paste like on GSR.
I'll try again tomorrow if not.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

movenon

Welcome to the group. Great place to hang out and learn about FJ's. :good2: :good2: And sometimes about other things  :biggrin:
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200