News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Boone 2014

Started by CodyNKR, October 15, 2013, 08:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ Flyer

Knew you got rid of the FJR, but couldn't remember what the new ride was.
Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.

NYFJR13

Quote from: FJ Flyer on April 13, 2014, 06:20:45 PM
Knew you got rid of the FJR, but couldn't remember what the new ride was.

Here is a pic for ya.

Nice!

gearheadstu

I'm planning on coming up Saturday afternoon, leaving Sunday. Wish it could be a longer trip, but too many irons in the fire this year.

Can't wait to see you guys!
Stu

FJ Flyer

Nice looking bike, Eric.

Had a productive weekend in terms of Rally prep.  Got the tires and plugs changed, rear differential oil changed, air filter cleaned, and trunk repaired.  I think the oil change can wait until after the Rally.

Pretty happy with the Pilot Road 3s.  :good2:  Put on another set.  Got 16,175 miles out of them.  About the same miles as I got out of the PR2s, but I like the feel of the 3s head and shoulders above the 2s.  Of course they felt like crap the last couple months.  Forgot how easily the bike will lean with fresh tires. 

Waiting to see how folks like the new PR4s.
Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.

ddlewis

Quote from: gearheadstu on April 15, 2014, 08:26:24 PM
I'm planning on coming up Saturday afternoon, leaving Sunday. Wish it could be a longer trip, but too many irons in the fire this year.
Can't wait to see you guys!

Pulling a Rockoff, eh?   Better than nothing, we'll take it.

Quote from: FJ Flyer on April 21, 2014, 06:29:25 AM
...happy with the Pilot Road 3s.  :good2:  Put on another set.  Got 16,175 miles out of them...

I've heard you give accounts of mileage like that before but it still blows my mind since I get less than half, even on the 650 strom.  Are there velvety soft roads in MD or is it skillz?

FJ Flyer

Not sure why, but I've always gotten decent miles out of almost all the tires I've tried.  Hell, when I had bias K591s on the FJ I got 22K+ miles out of them.  Handled like a truck, tho.

I could say I had a gentle touch, but I really have no idea.

Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.

the fan

On the other hand.. I usually get a fully rally out of a set....+/- 2000 miles seems the norm. Sport Tour tires seem worse than true sport.

Chris, we need to compare notes. :good2:

mst3kguy

anyone have a spare bunk?  not for me, for an old rally attendee coming down...
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

Smola67

Quote from: mst3kguy on April 28, 2014, 09:02:50 PM
I have the two room cabin that Jeff and I are staying in. What days does he need a bunk? I will arrive wed evening and leave Sun morning.

FJ_Hooligan

Quote from: mst3kguy on April 28, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

Doesn't that describe EVERY rally attendee?
DavidR.

gearheadstu

I'm looking for a bunk too. Or, hell, even an unclaimed bit of floor.
Stu

Smola67

Quote from: gearheadstu on April 28, 2014, 09:45:19 PM
I'm looking for a bunk too. Or, hell, even an unclaimed bit of floor.

Stu I got a bunk for you

gearheadstu

Stu

Steve C.

Quote from: rlucas on March 01, 2014, 12:08:01 PM
Quote from: ribbert on March 01, 2014, 06:45:49 AM
Quote from: rlucas on February 28, 2014, 06:41:08 PM
I just became aware of the this, and I thought it my civic duty to inform my fellow FJOC members of the following:......................

rossi

Man, you really nailed that. Fabulous bit of observation. I'm a little suspicious as to how you know all this in such detail. How old did you say you were and has anyone actually seen your bike and can they confirm it only has 2 wheels and runs on petrol?

Noel

My age? I didn't say, but just for the record, I'm 57. My parents, however, are in their 80s, and I've been spending a goodly amount of time lately with them in my home town. They, in turn spend a fair amount of time at the Senior's Center* , primarily for cheap eats when Mom gets sick of cooking and Dad needs someone to tell stories to. As such, I get exposed too quite a bit of the aforementioned behavior between the BCSCCA, the local diner, and the Big Brains at Burger King.

I've also noticed these traits in my parents. I, on the other hand, am completely immune.

As far as my presence here goes, there are a number of the long time members here who can attest to the fact that I do, indeed, own and ride an '86. There are pictures in the Gallery, as well as one in my sig photo (except now it has a full lower and FZR/Marlboro decals. My join date shows as 2009, but I've been around longer than that...but I screwed up my login and the date got changed.

I don't post much, and given that there are many others here with more technical knowlege to contribute, I try to limit my contribution to being a smart-ass.  :mail1:

rossi

*Americanized spelling of  "centre"

Dang Rock you don't look 57.................wait for it.............but we all remember when you did  :drinks:
Steve C.
'17 KTM Super Duke GT
'16 Triumph Thruxton R
'14 Honda VFR800FD Interceptor
'08 Ducati HyperMotard
'08 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Track Only
'91 Yamaha FJ 1349
'79 Triumph 750 T140E
'72 Norton 750 Commando Combat
'72 Suzuki TM250J
(Yes, They All Run!!!!)

FJ Flyer