News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Chat Room

Started by CanDman, October 15, 2013, 03:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanDman

How does everyone feel about a chat room? So many times I would love to just chat with someone...but I am limited to PM'ing. I think a chat room or a coffee lounge.... would be great.....it would make it easy to exchange info quickly and get caught up. Also, planning would be so much better. Anyway, it's just a suggestion.... :mail1: 
CanDman
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

andyb

Think the trouble was with the server load that it'd produce. 

CanDman

Quote from: andyb on October 16, 2013, 10:33:42 AM
Think the trouble was with the server load that it'd produce. 

was it tried before? that's too bad.....I would have loved to be able to chat with some of the members I have become friends with and others. Wow...that's really too bad.... :empathy:
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

Rhino

what kind of chat room would you guys be interested in?

I used to run a chatroom on the winmx network and it was pretty light on resources, it was fine running it behind a home connection.
problem with it though is everyone who wanted to use it would have to install winmx or something to allow them to connect and chat.

FJmonkey

Chat? Let em' Skype if they want to shoot the shit... Pm the address. I don't have the time.... Pm works for me...
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

movenon

Quote from: FJmonkey on October 16, 2013, 08:31:00 PM
Chat? Let em' Skype if they want to shoot the shit... Pm the address. I don't have the time.... Pm works for me...

Second that  :good2:
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

CanDman

Quote from: movenon on October 16, 2013, 08:41:43 PM
Quote from: FJmonkey on October 16, 2013, 08:31:00 PM

Second that  :good2:
George

Better yet.....we could exchange phone numbers......I have a great long distance plan...... :mail1:

CanDman

hmmmm..no shortage of interest on this topic 23,000 views (thats a pretty big number)..might be worth to reconsider..maybe take a vote ?  :unknown:. (popcorn)
Kev

Mark Olson

No chat ,, this is not facebook..  :diablo:
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

the fan

Further research shows the 22,992 views cam from the same I.P. address somewhere in Canada....

FJmonkey

Quote from: the fan on April 08, 2015, 01:47:06 PM
Further research shows the 22,992 views cam from the same I.P. address somewhere in Canada....
:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Country Joe

Quote from: the fan on April 08, 2015, 01:47:06 PM

:empathy3: anybody want to make any confessions???

(popcorn)

1993 FJ 1200

X-Ray

Must admit I haven't looked at this thread until CanD brought it up again  :yahoo:
Me? I thought it would be a good thing to have but then the new thread topics might drop off as things would be discussed in chat, and then there would be no need to post for assistance.

For shooting the breeze, would be alright.
'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

CanDman

wasn't me.... I have been away for quite a while....nice try though.... :nea: .... but still it would be nice to at least be able to instant message rather than just PM'ing back and forth. I thought it was a cool idea.....I let it go a while back but was quite shocked to see 23,766 views about it....that's all  :crazy:
Kev  

FJmonkey