News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

New member old owner

Started by Kitkat, November 28, 2013, 03:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitkat

kitkat here.  noticed the old yahoo group dying and wondered where everyone went; guess i found it.  I have an 89 (bought '00) rather modified with 1250 APE kit, gxxr rear wheel, gxxxr rear shock, 4-2-1 d&d w/ carbon can, racetech suspension front & rear, pods, kit, r1 brakes front, gxxr rear, FP gear thingy, low-end gearing, no centerstand, lifted rear and dropped front, corbin solo seat, fully givi'ed, always pirelli stickums..and other little mods i have forgotten. So in love after all these years!  lol 

"The ultimate word is I LIKE." --Jack London

auribus teneo lupum

old FJ 1250; MZ Mastiff; Bandit 1200

FJmonkey

Welcome back Kitkat, one more pin on the global map of FJowners.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

aviationfred

Welcome to the group,  :hi:

I used your write up to do the GSXR750 rear wheel mod.  :good2:

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

movenon

Wow nice machine, welcome to the group ! Another NW member  :good2:. Check out the rally video's. If you can, think about attending one. This next year will be the 30th anniversary of the FJ. Yet to be determined where, there will probably be a West Coast Rally in the spring time. Other rallies are also held across the country.
Can I ask what windscreen are you using ? I am having a hard time pulling the trigger on one. My bike is a 1990.
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

fj1289

Is this the kitkat black from the old list?   With the excellent write ups on the yzf600 front end and rear rim conversions?  And the GSXR rear shock if I remember correctly?

Welcome back!

Kitkat

Quote from: fj1289 on November 28, 2013, 04:45:12 PM
Is this the kitkat black from the old list?   With the excellent write ups on the yzf600 front end and rear rim conversions?  And the GSXR rear shock if I remember correctly?

Welcome back!

yep that would be me.  :) Thanks  :) rear conv and shock would be mine, the yzf600 front is someone else tho. :)  BTW, this place just beats the beejezus out of the old board, huh?  :)
"The ultimate word is I LIKE." --Jack London

auribus teneo lupum

old FJ 1250; MZ Mastiff; Bandit 1200

rktmanfj

WB kitkat...

"So in love after all these years!"

Indeed... I'm still running the F1 cans I bought from you all those years ago!

Randy T
Indy

Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Psalms 144:1

'89 FJ1200
'90 FJ1200
'78 XT500
'88 XT350