News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

First Gear HT Overpants (2011) on Sale at Motorcyclegear.com $149 (USD)

Started by FeralRdr, December 23, 2013, 03:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FeralRdr

Thought I'd Pass this on.  I've been looking to upgrade my mesh pants for colder weather riding, and just found out these (old stock) 2011 First Gear pants are on closeout at http://www.motorcyclegear.com for $140.00 (USD).

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/textile_jackets_and_pants/first_gear/2011_ht_textile_motorcycle_overpants.html

FJ Flyer

I really like the HTs; wear them every day fall thru spring.  On my second pair.  I really need to replace my HT Air mesh pants.  Hope they dig up some NOS sometime.
Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.

giantkiller

Just bought slider jeans. Was looking for something like this.
Thanks 
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

FJ_Hooligan

How is the fit on these HT pants?

If I have a 32" waist, do I order a 32 or go up to a 34?
DavidR.

FeralRdr

Quote from: FJ_Hooligan on January 05, 2014, 08:37:12 PM
How is the fit on these HT pants?

If I have a 32" waist, do I order a 32 or go up to a 34?

According to Motorcyclegear.com's description of these pants, they tend to ride higher on the hips than regular jeans do.  They therefore suggest that if you have any type of belly, measure your lower stomach area (just below your belly button) and that should give you the waist size you need.  This matches my experience with their Mesh Overpants (HT Air Overpants) that I've used for the past few years.  In my case, I normally wear a size 36, but the size 36 pants fit too tight, so I went to the next size higher (38) and that size fit very well (my belly line is about an inch larger than my waist line).  Hope the info helps.

FJ Flyer

I usually wear a 33 pant, but have 34 HTs and they fit will.  There is some adjustability in the waist with velcro straps.  Nominally, they say they size them (the number) to be the same as your street clothes, while fitting over your street clothes, IIRC.
Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.