News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

East Coast Fall Rally 2014

Started by Motofun, January 04, 2014, 12:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddlewis

Alright, I have had enough of this last minute bailing! no more, do you hear me?!
:pardon:

My bike is half loaded and I an IN like flyn.  It is officially on like donkey kong.  Riding boots and fire side beer drinking flip flops are all set to go.  Steve don't you worry about those smores.

Hey I seem to remember there being a pillow/blankets in these cabins.. is that right? If so then I am now 80% loaded up.

Smola67

So what's the consensus on the linens?
Included or not?

1tinindian

Quote from: Smola67 on September 15, 2014, 07:52:08 PM
So what's the consensus on the linens?
Included or not?

http://www.tellico-plains.com/cherohala-mountain-trails-campground.html

I'd say we are covered very well, if this is your destination.

Leon
"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

Smola67

Sweet
Been busy packing and
Forgot to look at the site  :wacko3:

giantkiller

I'll be there Thursday. Staying at the Rocky top cabin with my brothers and family. Will probably spend a lot of time with them this time. Will come hang out at the campfire as much as I can.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

CodyNKR

BRING them back to FL! We'll have our own FJ ride and S'more night!
NancyK

Quote from: Steve_in_Florida on September 15, 2014, 10:43:57 AM

Wow! The rally is getting smaller and smaller.

What am I gonna do with all these S'mores?

Steve

Smola67

Work day and then on the bike and will arrive some time tonight.

ddlewis

Got in this afternoon about 4p, a tick under 9 hrs.  Think that's a new record.

Good seeing everybody, it was a good time as always.  Wish I had taken pictures now

Steve_in_Florida

I just got home a few minutes ago.

Left Tellico at 12 Noon, and rolled into the driveway in Orlando at 9:40 pm.

Really nothing significant to report about the trip back, save for the accident I saw in my rear view mirror. Southbound I-75, right in the center of Atlanta, just before the airport. I'm in the "diamond" HOV lane, and had just passed a limousine. I glance back in my left mirror, and see (as if on a little television) a (pickup truck with a topper/some big enclosed SUV) cut diagonally across the lane I HAD JUST BEEN IN, and slam straight into the left guard wall, causing the rear end to jump upward. I have NO IDEA what happened, and just rode the hell out of there. Hope everyone was O.K.

It was really cool to meet everyone in person, and put some faces/names/personalities with screen names. We have some real characters in this forum. Real characters!

As Dave and I discussed, it's pretty funny to find those buttons, and push, push, push! Tee hee.

Wayne and Kell(y/ie) were gracious hosts. Thank you again Wayne, for letting me use your shop to change out my tires. And many thanks to the peanut gallery who assisted or supervised. Without a group effort, I probably would still be up there!

Good times, good times.

Time for bed...

Steve

`90 FJ-1200
`92 FJ-1200

IBA # 54823

Bill_Rockoff

I got home ~3pm, Andrew checked in from Raleigh at 4pm.

We had a nice ride across the Cherohala, Andrew leading a nice pace with both of us in top gear out of concern for fuel range (him) and tire life (me.) After obliging me with a stop at the Lake View overlook for  some photos, we realized it was only 22 miles to Robbinsville so he turned up the page and disappeared into the clouds. He waited At the bottom and we stopped for fuel in town, and he showed me where he had worn away the knees on the 'stich. They make knee pucks for those, I think. He has a birthday coming up. 

We split off where 28 leaves south away from  74  east, and I had a pretty and relaxing and temperate  ride down 28 to 64 west to 129 south.  I will be pricing tires this week, and after seeing Leon's beautiful FJ I might get  tire irons and remove the tires myself and take a polishing wheel to the rims.

Great to meet the new faces and see the old ones again!
Reg Pridmore yelled at me once

the fan

Rolled in around 7:30 last night.

Had a great time as usual. Other than a few drops on Tuesday and Friday, the only rain I saw was the torrential downpour I ran into on the far side of the Cherohala Sunday afternoon.

Guess its to much to ask to finish out a rally with dry leathers...

1tinindian

Me and rooster got in a little after 5PM today after an overnight stop in Mt Vernon Ill.
We did get to take the tour of the Jack Daniels distillery in Lynchburg Tn. yesterday, and missed getting into the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green KY by only 20 minutes, I guess we'll leave that one for next time.

As far as the Rally, WOW! what a great time and I couldn't ask for better weather.

It was a blast feeling the lean angle of the FJ again, at speed on the Cherohala. (oh my poor tires!)

And I'm blown away at all the first time meetings of so many great guys from these pages, people like Scott, Steve, Dave, Kavon, Frank....Did I miss anyone? haha. And of course all the other regulars I have meet before, it's always a pleasure to be in your company.

Cory had the time of his life, until the Jack Daniels ran out... (only kidding), he kept telling me on the way home how he would love to move down there because of all the great riding that can be had compared to Iowa. I guess time will tell on that one.

Thanks to you all for making my vacation time the high light of my year!

Until we meet again, ride safe my friends!

Leon
"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

DR.GTS.DUCATI.FAZER Dave

Thanks to the whole group, those who were here the last three years nad have made me feel welcome, and those new each year, Scott and his wife last year (Crash Brothers, for his wife, he never crashed, the bike fell over and was drug behind the ATV as a gag), Leon and Cory this year, Steve and his balder than mine tires...., Randy and Qubert (my personal bike taxi and Q kept me company Saturday) and I could name every single individual present but you all know who you are better than I.....  Again, thanks for welcoming me into the group.....

Oh, the GTS has its street cred, the Fazer did an incredible 48-60 mpg once the plug was clean and the Ducati, it became obvious on my ride home the issue... The excessive flow noises in the fuel tank during the initial key on sequence gave away the issue, *&^%$)# Ethanol fuel disolved the intank section of fuel line explaining the spark, $.05 of new fuel injection compatible line and its a running machine, can we have a redo of the ralley next week so we can go four for four......

My ride home, 7 hours and event free...

Monday, I took Bill Rockoff's text to me to heart, he sent a link to a craigslist Yamaha near him for $1000, running and complete without and fall or crash damage. I called the owners and $1000 will give me a new third bike for next year, the 998, the Fazer with some modifications for better lighting and more power oh and new tire plus another odd duck third, all will have to wait until then to learn what it is.....

Dan, you have not been forgotten, the Fazer did not dissapoint on oil, it vibrated the fill cap loose and erupted like
a volcano with a major plume of smoke right in  front of Randy, oil slick tire and all, I look forward to seeing you again next year. Jeff and Nancy, I look forward to seeing you both again as well, the second group was small this year, I hiope the horses did well.

Flipper (dDave) over and out
What haven't I owned, 201 different motorcycles in my life and never a Harley.

Currently
(2) FJ1200
(2) XT500
(4) 1993 Yamaha GTS1000
(4) 1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer
(2) 1982 Yamaha Seca Turbo
1970's Husquavarna WR250
1974 Ossa 250 Phantom
1976 Ossa 250 Phantom
1998 Kawasaki KX250
1995 Du

FJscott

Wow, another great rally. It was great seeing and riding with everyone. Big thanks to Leon and rooster for coming all the way from Iowa.Leon's bike is an inspiration. Thanks to Frank and his moonshine connection..real smooooth. :bad: thanks to Randy at RPM for my baadaaass exhaust header and megaphone, I still grin when I twist the throttle and hear that exhaust note. Can't wait untill the next rally...I'm hooked.

Scott

giantkiller

I pretty much just checked in said hi. And then hung out with my family. My brother rode my 89. He hasn't ridden in 29 some years. So I just rode around real slooww... Speed limit+8. With him. Then him and his wife Karen. She liked it so much, she's trying to get him to buy an FJR.  She even started searching for one on the way home. And found a 2008 with 27000 miles for $6800. About 35 miles from there house. Now she's gotta get my brother to buy it. Is 2008 a good year? Does anyone know what to look/lookout for with FJR's.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1