Main Menu

2014 NESR

Started by CanDman, January 07, 2014, 12:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanDman

Quote from: weymouth399 on March 24, 2014, 08:36:46 AM
Have fun, told you I couldn't make that date. :bad:

Bob W

And considering NY isn't really in New England you should probably call it something different.

.......now you see....someone is always pulling my Chain....I was told it was called the North East Summer Rally.......but we can change it if bothers you....  :empathy:
CanDman
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

weymouth399

Don't mean a thing to me, continue on your on a roll.

Bob
84 FJ 1100
86 FJ1200
89 FJ1200
5  FJ POWERED race cars
76 LB80 Chappy
93 KX500 ice for sale
00 KX500 ice/dirt
04 KDX220 dirt for sale
04 KX500 ice
08 KLX450 ice/road
72 CT90x2 for sale

RACER111V

Quote from: weymouth399 on March 24, 2014, 08:36:46 AM
Have fun, told you I couldn't make that date. :bad:

Bob W

And considering NY isn't really in New England you should probably call it something different.

I didn't see a date listed in your post. Actually I got the impression from your post that you were to busy too make it at all  (regardless of the date). My bad, sorry.

Last year was months of waiting, incorrect assumptions , and indecision. Personally I love the area we have used for the last rallies. This year I thought it might be nice to meet in an area that is a little more central to our group. Kev and I thought that it was important to get a date and area posted as soon as possible. I know my weekends are getting booked up quickly.

I have probably looked at what seems like a hundred web pages and have come up with a short list of possibilities. The hope is to find a large cabin or suite for a HQ, with rooms available for who ever decides to attend. I would like to make an initial reservation in the next week or so.

I'm looking forward to some nice riding in unfamiliar mountains, some good food (and drink), and telling some lies.  :yahoo:

CanDman

Here is what a rally looks like....IN CASE SOME OF YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN...... :mocking:

http://www.adirondackhotel.com/index.html

Ok......so here it is.....the weekend of the 25 and 26th of July. We have 11 rooms reserved including the apartment (sleeps 6) at the Adirondack Hotel in Long Lake Village New York. You have until the 20th of April to reserve a room. It is 40,50 or 60 bucks per night per person based on double occupancy.... less if you add another person. There are a few lakeview rooms available and it is first come first serve. There are all sorts of facilities and amenities including airplane rides. These rooms won't last.....remember there is a cancellation policy, so don't hymn and haw...book and inform Margie that you are part of the FJ OWNERS group of reserved rooms. If something comes up and you have to cancel...you won't be penalized as long as you adhere to their cancellation policy !! Looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones. There is a bar within the Hotel including kitchen and the water is just across the road. The riding , I hear is amazing !!!!    :yahoo: See you there...... :drinks:
CanDman    
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

Dan Filetti

Note that for much of the Adirondack park, there is no cell phone coverage.  Only in the bigger towns/ cities like Lake Placid/ Tupper Lake etc.  I do not know about the Long Lake area.  Just a point of observation to pass along.

Dan
Live hardy, or go home. 

CanDman

Quote from: Dan Filetti on April 11, 2014, 04:44:55 PM
Note that for much of the Adirondack park, there is no cell phone coverage.  Only in the bigger towns/ cities like Lake Placid/ Tupper Lake etc.  I do not know about the Long Lake area.  Just a point of observation to pass along.

Dan

Thanks for the info Dan.......will warn the attendees not to do what I did.......and wipe out....... :dash2: . I think that's where you're going.... :scratch_one-s_head:

RACER111V

Now that we have a base camp, I'll start mapping out some routes. I have ridden some of the area east and northeast of there. I will pre-ride some of it before July. Long Lake is a nice area, with plenty of food/drink at this resort and within walking distance. It is central to a lot of epic views and riding. Hope to see some old and new faces there............... :drinks:

CanDman

The cost of 40,50 or 60 is a bit misleading so let me make it clear. We have reserved 11 rooms including the 3 bedroom apartment. All the prices are per room per night. So attendees can pay anywhere from 25 dollars per night all the way up to 125 dollars per night depending on you want to spend. If you want to join us and are looking for a roomy....please speak up and talk it out. It is not going to happen by its self  :scratch_one-s_head:......no need to be shy......we all have one.......an FJ that is.....  :mocking:
CanDman

fj johnnie

So I unfortunately cannot commit at this point. I would love to join you guys. However I have a week long ride planned for the end of June beginning of July. I could easily do this in a day from Viagara. So it is not a definite no, just a maybe. It sucks when people don't respond or commit. I understand. Game time decision.

CanDman

Quote from: fj johnnie on April 12, 2014, 06:23:52 PM
So I unfortunately cannot commit at this point. I would love to join you guys. However I have a week long ride planned for the end of June beginning of July. I could easily do this in a day from Viagara. So it is not a definite no, just a maybe. It sucks when people don't respond or commit. I understand. Game time decision.

Not to worry Johnnie, there are 2 rooms that are already booked so far and from the look of things, your situation is not unusual. I might just tie up the apartment which can sleep between 6 and 10....and that way, last minute or last second atendees will have a place to lay their heads. As soon as the pool opens, I will schedule a BBQ right away....that will definitely open the door for new attendees. Thanks for the post.....just need few more riders and we can officially call it a Rally...... :yahoo:
Kev
PS......If you are able to make it, please consider staying at my place the night before, so the drive to the Rally isn't too much for you......I hope you like Tequila.... :mocking:

A11an0n

Booked my room today... see everyone there...  :drinks:
1986 FJ1200
2007 Yamaha WR250F

Bob

Well, I had hoped to make it happen.

July 27 is my mom's 79th birthday. I tried to find another day to visit, but neither the week before nor after is open.
She lives in Windsor, so I'll be heading west instead of east.

So, have a great ride everyone. Sorry I'll be missing it.

Bob N.
'93 FJ
'17 V-Strom DL650
Whitby, ON

NYFJR13

Yeah thanks Glen and CanDman I move to NC and now you decide to have a rally in the Adirondacks. LOL. Wish I could make it to the rally. I have a friend in Tupperlake with a FJR and he would have been happy to show us all the fun twisty roads. I know he took me for one hell of a ride last year. But on a good note I will get to attend the ECSR in Boone NC for the first time in like 4 years and if any of you haven't ridden down south here you really need to attend. There are some of the best twisty roads I have ever ridden down here. Plus the pavement is in better condition do to the mild winters. Well good luck guys with you rally and be safe out there.  :yahoo:

Bob

Quote from: NYFJR13 on April 15, 2014, 07:13:21 PM
But on a good note I will get to attend the ECSR in Boone NC for the first time in like 4 years and if any of you haven't ridden down south here you really need to attend. There are some of the best twisty roads I have ever ridden down here. Plus the pavement is in better condition do to the mild winters.

Last time I went down to Boone was in 2008. When did life get this busy?  :scratch_one-s_head:
Bob N.
'93 FJ
'17 V-Strom DL650
Whitby, ON

rktmanfj

Quote from: Bob on April 16, 2014, 06:02:23 AM
Last time I went down to Boone was in 2008. When did life get this busy?  :scratch_one-s_head:

Wow, I guess it has been that long.      :sorry:

Randy T
Indy

Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Psalms 144:1

'89 FJ1200
'90 FJ1200
'78 XT500
'88 XT350