News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Hello from Vancouver Island

Started by Bonified, February 02, 2014, 04:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonified

Hello all. I am in the process of purchasing a 1986 fj1200s. I cannot wait to go for a ride. I will be posting on another part of the site looking for parts. I am trying to get the bike back to original.......little bit of a process.......but not too bad.

Tim

big r

Welcome from the interior of B.C. I have a 86 as well and it is a blast to ride. I think you will riding a lot sooner than I will. Lots of info on here and if any parts are needed go to RPM's website. Randy is the man for getting parts and at a great price as well. There are a few FJ's on the island so you aren't alone down there. Big R

FJmonkey

Welcome fellow 86' owner, the best year out of all of them in my opinion. Get your self to a rally and meet some of the nuts that own FJs.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

movenon

Welcome Tim. Lots of information and help here. Ask questions as you go on your restoration.  :good2:
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

CanDman

Welcome aboard Tim.......great to see another Knuckle head...... :biggrin:.....by the way.....some one from the states asked what a Canuck was and I honestly didn't know....can you tell us...where this term came....I also would like to know.... :hi:
Kev
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

Derek Young

Hi Tim.  What part of the Island are you from?  I'm in Nanaimo.  Hope we can get together for a ride this season. Let me know if you need help with your restoration project.  I can also help with some modifications.

Derek
1986 FJ1200 (R.I.P.)
1991 FJ1200
Nanaimo, British Columbia

Bonified

Quote from: CanDman on February 02, 2014, 05:31:58 PM
Welcome aboard Tim.......great to see another Knuckle head...... :biggrin:.....by the way.....some one from the states asked what a Canuck was and I honestly didn't know....can you tell us...where this term came....I also would like to know.... :hi:
Kev
[/quote

As far as I know, it is just a slang first used sometime in the mid 1800's to refer to French Canadians. It was then generalized by Americans to refer to all Canadians. Nothing earth shattering.

Tim

Bonified

Derek,

I am on the west side of the island, in Tahsis. About 4 hours or so from you.

Tim

Capn Ron

Welcome Tim!

I just looked up Tahsis...Wow, you are remote!  I took a tour in 2012 on my '92 FJ and rode Vancouver Island.  I was heading up and over to Gold River when the weather beat some sense into me and I headed back South to Victoria and ultimately the ferry to Port Angeles.  I would have loved to explore the west side of the island!

Congratulations on your purchase...You've got a great bike and you're in good company here on the forum.  All us west-coasters are ramping up for the west coast rally (WCR) in May in Northern California.  Come join the fun!

Cap'n Ron. .
Cap'n Ron. . .

There are two types of people in the world...Those who put people into categories...and those who don't.

Bonified

Capn Ron,

Yah, Tahsis is a little out of the way. To go on a longer run I will have to haul the bike inland to get over the dirt road.......then enjoy a long ride.

Tim

aviationfred

Welcome to the group  :hi:

There is a great wealth of knowledge here. If you come across an issue that has you stumped, ask questions here. Chances are someone here will have come across the same issue as you and can give their input for the remedy.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

FeralRdr

Bonified