News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Short in wiring

Started by N Z FJ1200, February 12, 2014, 01:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N Z FJ1200

Hi guys new guy here have just got my new 93 fj and when I indicate the head light dims just a fraction you know like it is flashing to. Can anyone steer me in the right direction as to where I could possibly find the short
1993 fj1200
If you ain't riding you ain't living

Harvy

Quote from: N Z FJ1200 on February 12, 2014, 01:34:49 AM
Hi guys new guy here have just got my new 93 fj and when I indicate the head light dims just a fraction you know like it is flashing to. Can anyone steer me in the right direction as to where I could possibly find the short

Mate, I would bet that its just the typical FJ wiring harness that chews up volts....... do you find that the headlight dims in time with the fuel pump when you first turn the key on?
If it annoys you, do a relay mod for the headlight low and high beam circuits where you use the existing wiring to activate a relay to run 12V direct from the battery to the headlight, bypassing the OEM wiring except as a control circuit - otherwise ignore it.
Its also much less obvious with a fresh battery - maybe yours is getting a wee bit sad?

Cheers and welcome
Harvy
FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

Goody

Hi I see you are in NZ , me too I'am in Morrinsville . Where are you ? John
John NZ.

Goody

Quote from: N Z FJ1200 on February 12, 2014, 01:34:49 AM
[/quote Hi I see your in NZ me too . I'am in Morrinsville where are you. .
John NZ.

FJmonkey

If you ride at night and if legal in your area, you might consider installing an HID lamp. HID systems connect direct to the battery and give you more light to the front. I love my DDM HID kit.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

N Z FJ1200

Thanks for your replies guys I will be having another crack at it tonight
1993 fj1200

N Z FJ1200

Hi goody I currently reside in northern southland
1993 fj1200