News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

evening everybody

Started by a.graham52, February 18, 2014, 07:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a.graham52

More pics from Friday after first bath. Still needs another

a.graham52

So I got it all back together and running. Doesn't run that great still. However I stuck in new plugs and when I pulled the #2 plug wire off, all of the guts came out. I stuffed the guts back in (after taking another wire apart I found it's missing peices), but it still doesn't run right. Tomorrow I'm going to buy a new boot to make the repair before I start fiddling further with the carbs.

racerrad8

Quote from: a.graham52 on April 18, 2014, 07:51:14 PM
So I got it all back together and running. Doesn't run that great still. However I stuck in new plugs and when I pulled the #2 plug wire off, all of the guts came out. I stuffed the guts back in (after taking another wire apart I found it's missing peices), but it still doesn't run right. Tomorrow I'm going to buy a new boot to make the repair before I start fiddling further with the carbs.

Make sure you buy the correct boot as the O.E. boot has the resistor contained inside. (all the parts that fell out...)

Yamaha spark plug boot

Randy - RPM

Randy - RPM

a.graham52

that part has apparently been missing for quite some time. im sure thats probabaly half the reason for the poor running hes been having for a year or two. wahts the purpose of the resistor and is it ok to substitute in a non resistor boot untill the proper one can be obtained?