News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Jnimbostratus Street Fighter Project

Started by jnimbostratus, March 31, 2014, 09:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jnimbostratus

Just crack the line loose and remove the fill cap like normal. Once the bike is shut off for a few moments the line will drain.

Mark Olson

Great project  :good2:  Fascinating and intriguing .

I was wondering a couple of things.  :mail1: :unknown:

Where is the turbo exhaust gonna route to? 

Are you missing your right leg?  or gonna wrap it in asbestos ?
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

jnimbostratus

my leg actually does not come that close to the exhaust when i sit on the bike. but also exhaust will be header wrapped all the way back. and as far as exhaust outlet, well im not 100% sure yet. few ideas

Mark Olson

Yeah , looks like it's gonna be tight.
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

giantkiller

Is it going to blow or suck? :sarcastic:  Are you going to have it blow through the cvs. Or are you going to have it suck through a single carb?
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

giantkiller

I just looked back and found out your going to have it blow. The kit I have sucks...through a single flat slide. If I remember right it's a 38.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

jnimbostratus

some work on intercooler plumbings. start work on the intake manifold tomorrow.

simi_ed

OK, Time for another dumb question:  Where do your knees go?  I think I see some interference ahead!
-- RKBA Regards,

Ed
===
Ed Thiele 
Simi Valley, CA -- I no longer have SoCal manners.
'89 FJ12C (Theft deterrent Silver/White)

- All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for
enough good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

jnimbostratus

Not a dumb question at all. Oh yea right knee has some serious obstructions going on. I sat on it and I'm going to need to make some adjustable rearsets and it will remedy the issue enough considering this is no longer going to be my daily rider. I am building a 56 panhead I picked up to be my daily low an slow commuter.

~JM~

That frame tube that runs up & across the front of the bike is sure giving you a hard time right now. Too bad it can't be removed or modified.

Have you ever ridden a bike that can break loose the rear tire at 80 to 100+ mph? LOL!

jnimbostratus

the front of the frame could be modified but i dont think the amount of work required would be worth it. it ended up serving as a good way to mount the oil cooler anyway. and for riding a spin happy bike, i have ridden some gnarly stuff including boosted modern gsxr1000 but i dont think my bike is going to be very unmanageable maybe at first it will be but once i have it all tuned the way i want it should be very predictable and functional. .. ... i hope..

jnimbostratus

the charge pipe from intercooler to carb manifold i decided i hate and now will modify the pipe and manifold to be less obstructive to my right knee and also to make it look better.