News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Jnimbostratus Street Fighter Project

Started by jnimbostratus, March 31, 2014, 09:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simi_ed

You must get a hell of a a breeze in the cabin with that big 'ol scoop up there.  :biggrin:  :rofl:
-- RKBA Regards,

Ed
===
Ed Thiele 
Simi Valley, CA -- I no longer have SoCal manners.
'89 FJ12C (Theft deterrent Silver/White)

- All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for
enough good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

~JM~

Well... How come that front wheel is still on the ground?

jnimbostratus

Cuz the weather has been garbage still haha and I got moved to overnight shift at work abd I'm having a hell of a time adjusting.

~JM~

I can understand that. Our weather has been mixed, but not too bad for this time of year. I used to work a 12hr. rotating shift for about 15 years. It can be rough.

jnimbostratus

Wrapped the exhaust and painted the intercooler black.

~JM~

That IC looks much better black.

I installed an oversized IC in front of my radiator on my turbo Buick. It is aluminum with an aluminum looking finish. I had thought to paint it black so it wouldn't show up through the grill. I was warned that the paint would act as an insulator & that the heat transfer would be reduced. Don't know if this is true or not.

jnimbostratus

took the bike home yesterday. It feels great when I took the exhaust off to wrap it I found 2 leaky spots on welds that I sealed up and made a huge difference in spool time.

jnimbostratus

New smaller rear sprocket to more utilize the turbo. Also almost new used tires. A little bit fatter in the rear.

Firehawk068

Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

fj1289

This is my second favorite build on here - first if you consider this one is "done"!

How's it running?  Have you got the fueling sorted well enough to let it rip?!

I really like the straight forward no-nonsense way this was built - well done

jnimbostratus

Thanks bro. The fueling is good It cranks like a raped ape. Drl400 is in the mail. Clutch is going to be my next step. And no this thing is far from done.

~JM~

I'm thinking that a rear wheel hugger fender would look good... If it doesn't melt. You're going to end up with a black stripe on the back of your riding jacket.

jnimbostratus

Put a few hours on tel bike today and a rear hugger is not my first concern. My clutch is..

~JM~

Quote from: jnimbostratus on April 02, 2015, 06:25:47 PM
Put a few hours on tel bike today and a rear hugger is not my first concern. My clutch is..

...And shortly after a new clutch, you'll need a new rear tire. :biggrin: