News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Jnimbostratus Street Fighter Project

Started by jnimbostratus, March 31, 2014, 09:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simi_ed

You must get a hell of a a breeze in the cabin with that big 'ol scoop up there.  :biggrin:  :rofl:
-- RKBA Regards,

Ed
===
Ed Thiele 
Simi Valley, CA -- I no longer have SoCal manners.
'89 FJ12C (Theft deterrent Silver/White)

- All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for
enough good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

~JM~

Well... How come that front wheel is still on the ground?

jnimbostratus

Cuz the weather has been garbage still haha and I got moved to overnight shift at work abd I'm having a hell of a time adjusting.

~JM~

I can understand that. Our weather has been mixed, but not too bad for this time of year. I used to work a 12hr. rotating shift for about 15 years. It can be rough.

jnimbostratus

Wrapped the exhaust and painted the intercooler black.

~JM~

That IC looks much better black.

I installed an oversized IC in front of my radiator on my turbo Buick. It is aluminum with an aluminum looking finish. I had thought to paint it black so it wouldn't show up through the grill. I was warned that the paint would act as an insulator & that the heat transfer would be reduced. Don't know if this is true or not.

jnimbostratus

took the bike home yesterday. It feels great when I took the exhaust off to wrap it I found 2 leaky spots on welds that I sealed up and made a huge difference in spool time.

jnimbostratus

New smaller rear sprocket to more utilize the turbo. Also almost new used tires. A little bit fatter in the rear.

Firehawk068

Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

fj1289

This is my second favorite build on here - first if you consider this one is "done"!

How's it running?  Have you got the fueling sorted well enough to let it rip?!

I really like the straight forward no-nonsense way this was built - well done

jnimbostratus

Thanks bro. The fueling is good It cranks like a raped ape. Drl400 is in the mail. Clutch is going to be my next step. And no this thing is far from done.

~JM~

I'm thinking that a rear wheel hugger fender would look good... If it doesn't melt. You're going to end up with a black stripe on the back of your riding jacket.

jnimbostratus

Put a few hours on tel bike today and a rear hugger is not my first concern. My clutch is..

~JM~

Quote from: jnimbostratus on April 02, 2015, 06:25:47 PM
Put a few hours on tel bike today and a rear hugger is not my first concern. My clutch is..

...And shortly after a new clutch, you'll need a new rear tire. :biggrin: