News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Jnimbostratus Street Fighter Project

Started by jnimbostratus, March 31, 2014, 09:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJmonkey

Quote from: jnimbostratus on June 13, 2015, 06:59:51 AM
Internet must be broken, I thought that video would have gotten Some kind of response.

The more I look at this used trans sitting on the bench the more I believe it has been undercut but only one gear. Does anyone have pictures before and after cutting of their tranny.or even just after.

If you have the gears out post a few pics, focus on the dogs that engage the gears. It is easy to tell if they have been undercut.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

The General

Internet must be broken, I thought that video would have gotten Some kind of response.
I`m in awe of people with your skills!
As I watched your video my first thought was "what a beast"! Performance matched my expectation, but what lingered in my mind was an image that didn`t synch with everything else.

It reminded me of some past disappointments with lust.
....now don`t get me wrong here....there`s a difference between lust and love. I can think of many examples where Ugly defied all expectations of Love....esp if she is Quirky, has some great moves and is dripping with ostentatousity!
But when you just can`t close your eyes and enjoy the ride...and when the smoke is finished and your looking at her rear end....you don`t want anything that is not in synch with the experience, cause it overrides that savouring memory our genes seek, me thinks.
When you yearn for action to overcome this slight, it takes a man of great courage to bring up the subject. The risk is even greater when he is in Love....but here goes....
"She has an ugly arse!"   :sorry:
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

Mark Olson

The more I look at this used trans sitting on the bench the more I believe it has been undercut but only one gear. Does anyone have pictures before and after cutting of their tranny.or even just after.

I believe there are pics in the gallery of gears , and also in the files section for 2nd gear fix where there are a couple of write-ups . I dug through it a while ago and found them so take a moment and do some searching.

I made the mistake of buying a used trans and it ended up being junk .... :dash2: :dash2:
So I just bought the whole gearset from Randy with all the gears undercut and have been happy ever since .

With you running a turbo, I would just get the whole set up along with the beefy shift forks and then you can play to your hearts content.. :good2:

I may have a few pics to look at If I can find them .. I will post latter .
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

fj1289

Nice video - my jaw dropped at the beginning - thought you were going to launch in the gravel! :shok:  get the clutch sorted and you'll be doing proper smokey rolling burn outs!

I don't remember what you have for the clutch - stock with two springs?  Or the coil spring conversion?  Think I've said it before - if you don't mind the lever pull, Randy suggested three ! springs for the Bonneville setup with nitrous if it started slipping with two!  Or, you can try a simple lockup conversion.   I just found out Orient Express still sells the lockup "spider" or "hat"... Problem is they sell it bare - no arms, pivot pins, or screws.   Fairly easy to source those pieces.  The price with the clutch cover spacer was $125, without the cover spacer was  just $50!  You will need the spacer to f you don't have one (or a cover modified for more clearance). 

jnimbostratus

I moved the o2 sensor after the turbo for more accurate reading. Then I put a spark plug in the old bung right before the turbo. Now on the 2step I have a fully spooled flame shooting turbo (antilag) with the push of a button. I could not believe how much fun this made things. I can get full boost out of my 57trim in neutral. Then I parked the bike an went to bed. Woke up to go to work and the bike is hitting a wall at about 3800 rpm. Not sure what it is but I fear the worst. I was beating the poss out of this thing yesterday. I think it may just be an electrical bug tho.

jnimbostratus

All that boost must have forced some crud in some places, cleaned carbs and all is good again. This thing is wild... something interesting happened with the clutch last week but it seems to be holding much more power now. Still slipping under certain situations tho.

jnimbostratus

If you like power this little clip will most likely give you a chubb.

Fj1100 turbo antilag: https://youtu.be/iOypn57Lv9s

Troyskie

1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

jnimbostratus

Finally bit the bullet and ordered a clutch. Got a deal on eBay for a new ferodo racing set.

groome

Quote from: jnimbostratus on June 30, 2015, 03:05:52 PM
If you like power this little clip will most likely give you a chubb.

Fj1100 turbo antilag: https://youtu.be/iOypn57Lv9s

that is freaking awesome. it sounds sooo naughty  :good2: :biggrin:
89  fj12 banshee

Normal = BORING

jnimbostratus

Well after multiple issues with float needles and seats I am saying screw it and will be constructing a new intake manifold with injector bungs in it and will be ordering a microsquirt. Prob won't be on her wheels again till spring. But at that point I will have second gear and I'm looking for about 350hp. Don't worry I will update every step of the way.

jnimbostratus

Started building efi system. Intake manifold will have multiport injectors and utilize a single throttle body. More like a traditional car efi setup.

fj1289

Leaving the turbo behind the engine?

Are you putting the throttle body before the turbo?  If so, does that mean you wouldn't need a blow off valve?  I know you'd need the special draw-thru oil seals in the turbo -- but you already have those since that's the configuration you were running in. 

Keeping the intercooler?

jnimbostratus

Turbo staying in same location intercooler also. Throttle body will be right before intake manifold so I will still use a blow off. But I did not have a draw through setup before. I have always been blow through.

fj1289

:dash2:  I got your setup confused with someone I've been discussing another setup with.

Where will the single TB mount - end of the log?  Or to the center of the log?