News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Beginning the 84, Restomodification

Started by fj johnnie, April 28, 2014, 07:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fj johnnie

The other side of the bike. It's name will be Original Betty. I never named my bikes before , but a friend asked me, if I did name my 90 what would it be. After thinking about it I named the 90 Black Betty. After that song by a band I think went by the name Ram Jam. Or something. My wife heard the name and assumed it was named after an ex girlfriend, Betty. So now all the bikes are named Betty. The 86 was Red Betty, 90 is Black Betty, and now the 84 will be Original Betty.  I know nobody cares but it makes me laugh.

stua1959

fj johnnie

Cool, I like that version. Nice video too. Makes me think the name was right.

fj johnnie

fj johnnie

Now the FZ 1 swing arm is attached. The bracket for the brake switch has been modified for clearance purposes. And for the second time I did not put the shock linkage bolt in the frame before installing the aluminum side plate. So off it will come . I will use my 90's dogbone length to make up a couple more. Then I will order a shock from someone, an adjustable length unit.