Main Menu

Novice Mechanic, SoCal. motorscooter aficionado

Started by theLeopard, April 30, 2014, 10:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theLeopard

1992 FJ1200

Quote from: George"It is What It Is Until It Ain't Anymore"

Yamifj1200

Wow, looks like you need a seat some kinda bad.. I have the stock seat in good shape and a older Corbin gun fighter and lady available if your interested...

Eric M

http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=14833.0

"All unattended children will be served an espresso and given a puppy"

theLeopard

Quote from: Yamifj1200 on May 04, 2014, 08:42:21 PMif your interested...
Eric M
very.
once the guts are healed it's on to cosmetics, so give it a month or two and i'll gladly take those extra parts off your hands
:drinks:
1992 FJ1200

craigo

Quote from: theLeopard on April 30, 2014, 10:52:35 PM
thanks, George. happy to be here, looking forward to making this a lasting forum for myself and getting to know the other persons.

Quote from: FJmonkey on April 30, 2014, 10:31:08 PM
You have plenty of friends in San Diego.... Welcome dude...
hey. do you live in SD yourself? maybe we could hook up and ride sometime, perhaps get a club started?

Hey there Leopard, I live here out in East County in Lakeside. What's up with your FJ? I saw a post on the FJ forum on facebook saying you needed some assistance. I'm here to help. If I can't help you fix it, I can point you in the right direction.

Regards,

CraigO
90FJ1200
CraigO
90FJ1200

craigo

Quote from: theLeopard on April 30, 2014, 11:14:43 PM
looking forward to it.
will want to take a solo ride to ensure the bike will hold up for the duration, informed Palomar Mountain and Sunset Highway are notable roads.
Ridden either of those? Palomar Mountain is close, I'm in Escondido.

Hey Leopard,

Palomar is more for the experienced types. At least the South Grade. However, Sunrise is great as well as the East Grade. Are you off on the weekdays? I can hook up and do a ride for sure. I've been all over these local roads like since forever. Give me a buzz....  :drinks:

CraigO
CraigO
90FJ1200

craigo

Quote from: theLeopard on May 04, 2014, 07:07:08 PM
here's my girl.  (popcorn)

I've seen this FJ. You bought it from a guy in Tierrasanta. Low miles but a bit weather worn. Maybe somewhat neglected. One great attribute about the FJ, if it's running, it's not far from running great.

CraigO
CraigO
90FJ1200

theLeopard

I did, indeed, purchase it from a guy in Tierrasanta  :drinks:

and the bike is getting better. I was pretty floored when I got it; smoked up on the first ride then started leaking fuel out of 5 different hoses, the mechanic he referred me to said I shouldn't concern myself with leaking fuel  :dash2: w/e it's running swell now.

lots of neglected maintenance but it was ridden with care so i'm not foreseeing any serious mechanical problems.

will be up for rides in a week or two, have a few loose ends I want to attend to before I take it out for an extended ride.
pm if you want to exchange contact information.
1992 FJ1200