News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Check in

Started by cclase, May 14, 2014, 08:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cclase

Hi!  I'm Chris.  This is my first post, however I've been visiting long enough to feel like I know some of you already.  So a quick hello from Dallas, TX.  Just recently acquired my childhood dream bike, a 1985 FJ1100!  Seems to be in very good condition, 21k miles.  Runs very well, but based on my reading here, pretty sure the idle jets are obstructed (poor throttle response with no choke).  I'm a novice mechanic, at best (but willing to learn/try) so I suspect I'll be asking for advice on how to best proceed.  Appreciate y'all!  Take care,

Chris
1985 FJ1100

aviationfred

Welcome to the nuthouse.  :hi:

You found a very nice looking 1100.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

cclase

Hi there Fred.  Thank you kindly!

Chris
1985 FJ1100

FJmonkey

Welcome, its nice when a lurker comes out and says hi. You got the best colors.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

cclase

...but a well intentioned lurker!  Thanks dude, feel fortunate to have found it!

Chris
1985 FJ1100

cclase

Guess I could mention that before getting the FJ, my daily commuter was an '07 Honda CB250 Nighthawk...fun, economical ride, however...I am totally STOKED with the new ride!

Chris
1985 FJ1100

movenon

Welcome ! Your bike looks great. Ask questions anytime. Better to ask first, lots of good help here.
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

TexasDave

Welcome to the forum Chris . Great looking bike. Nice to hear from a fellow FJer in this area. Maybe we could get together for a ride. My FJ has been to Sachse a few times visiting my sister there. PM me.  Dave
A pistol is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one you will never need one again.

Capn Ron

Welcome to the fore Chris!

I have to say...that is one of the cleanest FJ1100's I've ever seen!  Seriously...was that ever ridden?  Great find!!

Cap'n Ron. . .
Cap'n Ron. . .

There are two types of people in the world...Those who put people into categories...and those who don't.

red

Quote from: Capn Ron on May 15, 2014, 01:39:26 AMWelcome to the fore Chris!
I have to say...that is one of the cleanest FJ1100's I've ever seen!  Seriously...was that ever ridden?  Great find!!
Cap'n Ron. . .
Chris,

Welcome to the fray!  Had to go out the garage, and make sure mine had not migrated to Texas.    :biggrin:   

Cheers,
Red
Cheers,
Red

P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.

yamaha fj rider

Welcome Chris and the FJ looks great.

Kurt
93 FJ1200
FJ 09
YZ250X I still love 2 strokes
Tenere 700
FJR1300ES

cclase

Guys, y'all rock!  Thanks for the welcome into the Pack!   :good2:

Chris
1985 FJ1100