News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Tragedy close to home...

Started by racerrad8, May 17, 2014, 03:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

racerrad8

Tomorrow marks the fourth Anniversary since my brother in-laws tragic motorcycle accident that claimed his life.

While time does heal the wound, it is still just as fresh this time of year.

As a memorial to my brother in-law, Travis Wheeler, I again want to say;

Be careful, and remember everyone driving a car is trying to kill you when you are riding a motorcycle.

Be safe everyone and remember, we all have those that care for us and need us in their lives.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Urban_Legend

Randy, my condolences and heart felt love go out to you and yours on this anniversary.

My daughter got her licence to drive just yesterday. I asked her to please keep a look out for bike riders, because one of them could be me.

Mark
My Baby (Sparkles)
84 FJ1100/1200 motor
92 FJ 1200 - Project bike. Finished and sold.
84 FJ1100 - Project bike.

ZOA NOM

Condolences, Randy, and thanks for the reminder. I know we all can use it. See you soon!
Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

Troyskie

A bit late now mate, but condolences buddy.
1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

Bozo

Just read this. Condolences mate from Izabella and John
First major bike in my life was a Mach III widow maker.
My Second permanent bike 1978 Z1R (owned since Dec 1977)
My Third permanent bike is the 89 FJ12 - nice and fast
Forth bike 89 FJ12 my totally standard workhorse
81 GPZ1100 hybrid - what a bike, built to sell but I can't part with it

racerrad8

Well, the month May is upon us and a tragic event date is rolling around again, it is hard to believe it will be five years.

It is weird how just by hap & circumstance things come into view.

I was searching for some pictures for something completely unrelated and I came across this picture of Travis. We had just removed the wheels from his bike because the spokes had some loose in both wheels. This picture is just a couple of months prior to his untimely death. He was so happy to be on a motorcycle and you can see it in his face. That HD is what he wanted to ride since he was a kid. The springer front end, spoke wheel and the straight pipe exhaust, he got it just the way he wanted it.

Unfortunately, who knew less that three months later he would be gone from us and this live as we know it.

As my continuing memorial to my friend & brother in law as message for all of us.

Be careful, and remember everyone driving a car is trying to kill you when you are riding a motorcycle.

Be safe everyone and remember, we all have those that care for us and need us in their lives.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Tuned forks

Anybody I know that's been killed or injured on a motorcycle, was caused by an automobile. Your words are well taken.

Joe
1990 FJ1200-the reacher
1990 FZR 1000-crotch rocket

X-Ray

A timely and very sad reminder to us all Randy.  :sorry:
'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

roverfj1200

It is always hard when we loose a friend or family member. My condolences to you and your family. I hope the pain fades but not the memories.
1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.

racerrad8

We are rapidly approaching six years since we lost my brother in law Travis in a motorcycle crash. So, this is the time for my annual reminder.

Remember to tell your loved one how you feel at every opportunity; don't miss even one.

I think this was Christmas 2013. His two boys (top center), My two boys, Robert (sitting) and Ryan (jacket). His son Jared (HD shirt) was home from military leave station in Japan and Austin is getting ready to join the Army.

We miss you Travis

Ride safe and enjoy life because it is really short.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

andyoutandabout

Points taken.
Be careful out there folks.
life without a bike is just life

racerrad8

I took a couple of years off on my posts regarding this tragic event due to so many worldwide things encapsulating our lives, but here it is again eight years after that terrible day.

Hug the ones close enough and tell them how you feel. Those who are not within reach, call them and tell them too.

Take care guys, this crazy world will settle in sooner or later...

Randy - RPM

Randy - RPM