News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Top end rattle

Started by Ront, May 17, 2014, 06:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ront

Quote from: Capn Ron on May 23, 2014, 11:23:54 PM
Quote from: Ront on May 23, 2014, 11:17:28 PM
Quote from: ribbert on May 23, 2014, 10:44:51 PM
Quote from: Ront on May 23, 2014, 10:08:11 PM

I don't think you can make a blanket assesment of my mechanical ability........

You're right, I can't. I can only form a view from what you have posted to date.

Noel
[/quote

I did't realize that you could update orginal post sorry-I'm inexperienced

People stop replying to threads after a few days so posting new ones might get some additional input, what the hell is wrong with that?
:negative:

Ron...We're all trying to be helpful here and get your bike sorted out.  If you just post an update to your first thread, it bumps it to the top and everyone sees it again and will have a chance to comment...IF they have something constructive to add.  I'll be the first one to admit...I wondered why so many people were having a "top end rattle" issue all at the same time.

I replied to your question about a fresh set of rings as a completely different topic.  I assume you're looking to do this *after* you get the rattle figured out?