News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

New to the group

Started by Earl Svorks, May 22, 2014, 08:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl Svorks

Hello to all in the FJ forum  My name is Simon, I've been a resident of Burnaby BC for about 1.5 decades. I have been a
visitor, to your site and forum on and off for a good portion of that time. (I think it was under another name when I first discovered same?)  I signed on a year ago but lost touch this is my first time at saying hello. I may know one or two of your members from BC as it is.
  I have been a big fan of the FJ from the very first red & white back in '84  Working as a mechanic in the MC industry over the years that followed, my desire to have one of them just kept on keepin' on. It was all of 1990 when I finally put the loot
on the table. Over the years from being the employee, to being the employer and back again, I have had 8 or 9 FJs come and go , but my most favorite was and still is the very first one I bought new in  1990.
  I still ride it regularly. In the shed I also have an older air cooled twin, just to remind me of what it was really like
back in the day.
  I'll post a pic when I figure out how!
  Cheers, and thanks for having me aboard.

FJmonkey

Simon, welcome dude... Feel free to post and stay in touch, we don't bite much....
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

big r

Welcome Simon. I live in the interior just north of Kamloops. Have a 86. This the best place for any info. but then with you being a mc tech you could probably help some of us. Big R

cclase

1985 FJ1100

Capn Ron

Welcome aboard Simon!

It's good to have another friendly Canadian (Is there any other kind?) and a motorcycle mechanic to boot!  There are a few great mechanics on this board...you'll fit right in!

Y'know...there is a rally in Willits, CA next week...Just sayin'...   :yes:
Cap'n Ron. . .

There are two types of people in the world...Those who put people into categories...and those who don't.

movenon

Welcome Simon !!!!!!! Nice to have you here. Jump in anytime.
George :drinks:
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

Canuck FJ

Quote from: Earl Svorks on May 22, 2014, 08:32:27 PM
Hello to all in the FJ forum  My name is Simon, I've been a resident of Burnaby BC for about 1.5 decades. I have been a
visitor, to your site and forum on and off for a good portion of that time. (I think it was under another name when I first discovered same?)  I signed on a year ago but lost touch this is my first time at saying hello. I may know one or two of your members from BC as it is.
  I have been a big fan of the FJ from the very first red & white back in '84  Working as a mechanic in the MC industry over the years that followed, my desire to have one of them just kept on keepin' on. It was all of 1990 when I finally put the loot
on the table. Over the years from being the employee, to being the employer and back again, I have had 8 or 9 FJs come and go , but my most favorite was and still is the very first one I bought new in  1990.
  I still ride it regularly. In the shed I also have an older air cooled twin, just to remind me of what it was really like
back in the day.
  I'll post a pic when I figure out how!
  Cheers, and thanks for having me aboard.

Hey Simon, welcome aboard.  I'm in North Delta, so not far away at all.  I ride an '89 that I just put collector plates on; gotta love that cheap insurance  :good2:
'84 FJ1100 (project)
'86 FJ1200 (project)
'78 KZ650
'96 Triumph Trophy 900
'11 Kymco Yager 200i

fj johnnie

Welcome . Lots of Canadians here.

roverfj1200

Welcome to the forum.  :good2:
1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.

Burns

Welcome.

I just visited the lovely town of Victoria BC  Mighty friendly folk.

I live a bit South, in Washington State on the Puget Sound.

You sound like a Yamaguy, would that old air cooled twin be from the XS-1 family?
There's nothing you can do that can't be done.

Persistant

I'm thinking this is Simon D?  Hey bud I think that GSXR wheel just might work.  Still need to find some spacers and a speedo gear.  Welcome to the group!

Andrew

aviationfred

Welcome to the forum.  :hi:

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

Derek Young

Welcome Simon. I'm just across the strait in Nanaimo. Do a search for "how to add pictures". There are a few posts about it. We'd like to see your fine motorcycles.

Derek
1986 FJ1200 (R.I.P.)
1991 FJ1200
Nanaimo, British Columbia

yamaha fj rider

Hello Simon and welcome to the forum. Good that you joined the group.

Kurt
93 FJ1200
FJ 09
YZ250X I still love 2 strokes
Tenere 700
FJR1300ES