News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Home Safe post

Started by moparman70, June 01, 2014, 10:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

movenon

Quote from: Flynt on June 03, 2014, 08:41:55 AM
Quote from: movenon on June 03, 2014, 12:34:01 AM
I wanted to thank you for the 3 AM riding tips Sat morning.

I was talking about how to ride the cooler...  glad it helped with the FJ as well!   :i_am_so_happy:

Frank

Well now that you think about it I was riding cooler  :drinks:
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

Steve_in_Florida

FJScott just dropped me and my stuff off at the house about half an hour ago. He should be home by noon or so.

GREAT time to be had by all. I wanna go back!!!

Cheers everyone, it was great to meet you all.

Time for a shower and a nap.

Steve
`90 FJ-1200
`92 FJ-1200

IBA # 54823

Steve_in_Florida

Quote from: movenon on June 03, 2014, 12:34:01 AM
Frank, I wanted to thank you for the 3 AM riding tips Sat morning.  I put them into practice later that morning and it really helped.  :good2: :good2:
George

Frank,
I would like to thank you for tips, also. I heard your voice in my head Saturday afternoon on the 128 saying "Kiss the mirror" and "TURN". Good advice that I was putting into practice.

Steve
`90 FJ-1200
`92 FJ-1200

IBA # 54823

Steve_in_Florida

Quote from: aviationfred on June 02, 2014, 11:42:21 PM
...An extremely long day. <snip> Trip meter on the truck shows 3787 miles for the round trip.

PUSSY!

Quote from: aviationfred on June 02, 2014, 11:42:21 PM
The windscreen for Dan's bike is a donation...

Fred, you're a helluva guy! Great to meet you!!!

Steve
`90 FJ-1200
`92 FJ-1200

IBA # 54823

Mark Olson

Quote from: Flynt on June 02, 2014, 02:33:49 PM
Our turn...

Getting Dan home was the Sunday project...  Diane and I rolled from the KOA with Wizard and Dan's mount on the trailer, then went to his hotel to get him into his car for the ride home.  He broke the lower 3 ribs on the left side (likely guard rail impact) and is bruised and beaten a bit, but he stayed tough and we got him into the back seat of his truck...  took about an hour.  We took two of his kids (his wife and 3 kids came up to Willits as well...  it is his wife's home town) so he'd have some room, then we headed to San Jose.  3.5 hours and we were slightly behind them due to towing/lunch timing.  By the time we got to his house he was inside in his easy chair, smiling, and joking about the weekend...  he's going to be fine.  I put his bike, the front and rear 17" conversion parts from Derek, and the windscreen from Fred in his garage waiting for him...  I'd bet he'll be out there looking it over within the week.  

Diane and I headed home then and did our unloading, then ordered some mexican food to go and recapped the fantastic riding Friday and Saturday.  She's truly hooked and, as Ron pointed out, a keeper for sure (if she'll keep me that is).  She especially enjoyed the scenery and the company failed to scare her off again this year...  we'll be back.  Thanks to LA Mike for getting me the shirts and for Derek knocking on our door early Sunday to make sure we still wanted the parts.  I'll PM you guys and get payments sent.

We all wanted to thank the recovery crew especially (Randy, Mike R, Mopar Steve, and Corey the Dancer) for coming to the scene and getting the bike back to camp.  Dan wanted me to give a special thanks to all along with an apology to those impacted by his incident.  I'm going to leave it to Dan to post some pics and tell his story...

Frank

Hey Frank , tell Dan to hang in there . It was fun riding with you .
funny thing happened at the burger king in willits as Craig and I were done with lunch and leaving town.

The CHP officer who was at Dan's crash scene rolled up in the parking lot and was amazed how fast Dan had put his FJ back together.
He had mistaken me for dan on my 86 and Craig for Frank on his 90.
He recalled you had told him the bike would be up and running in no time with all the parts we had back in camp but couldn't believe how fast the repairs had been made and you could barely tell there had been a wreck.
I told him I was feeling better and had just needed " a shower ,sandwich and a nap ".
we messed with him a little then told the truth .
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

Pat Conlon

1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

The General

Quote from: Flynt on June 02, 2014, 02:33:49 PM
Our turn...

Getting Dan home was the Sunday project...  Diane and I rolled from the KOA with Wizard and Dan's mount on the trailer, then went to his hotel to get him into his car for the ride home.  He broke the lower 3 ribs on the left side (likely guard rail impact) and is bruised and beaten a bit, but he stayed tough and we got him into the back seat of his truck...  took about an hour.  We took two of his kids (his wife and 3 kids came up to Willits as well...  it is his wife's home town) so he'd have some room, then we headed to San Jose.  3.5 hours and we were slightly behind them due to towing/lunch timing.  By the time we got to his house he was inside in his easy chair, smiling, and joking about the weekend...  he's going to be fine.  I put his bike, the front and rear 17" conversion parts from Derek, and the windscreen from Fred in his garage waiting for him...  I'd bet he'll be out there looking it over within the week.  

Frank
What happened guys? Glad ta hear Dan is okay.  (popcorn)
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

Derek Young

Just got home. 3000 miles in the truck, 1700 miles on the FJ and 2 weeks of the best rally adventure yet! Was great to see/ride with you all again. Can't wait to do it again next year! Hoping to take in two rallies in a row in 2015. Hope everyone made it home safely.

Derek and Donna
1986 FJ1200 (R.I.P.)
1991 FJ1200
Nanaimo, British Columbia

yamaha fj rider

Glad everybody made it home safe so far. Was a great rally. Super to meet everyone. Hope to see you all next year and thanks to all in the FJ community for the gift. I am planning on returning the LOVE next year.

Kurt
93 FJ1200
FJ 09
YZ250X I still love 2 strokes
Tenere 700
FJR1300ES

Capn Ron

Just made it home safe and sound with 3,693 miles on the FJ!

Basically, just a giant loop around Nevada!   :good2:

Thank you all for an outstanding time at this year's WCR!!!   :hi:
Cap'n Ron. . .

There are two types of people in the world...Those who put people into categories...and those who don't.

racerrad8

How can you be home already?

Last night you were heading to Boise...
Quote from: Capn Ron on June 12, 2014, 09:22:00 PM
Tomorrow, I'm heading to Boise!

Do you have a big turbo on that FJ?

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Capn Ron

I'm about ten days behind with the day-by-day tour update!  Sometimes with all the riding, there's no time for writing!  :biggrin:
Cap'n Ron. . .

There are two types of people in the world...Those who put people into categories...and those who don't.

racerrad8

Quote from: Capn Ron on June 13, 2014, 02:22:08 PM
I'm about ten days behind with the day-by-day tour update!  Sometimes with all the riding, there's no time for writing!  :biggrin:

I know, but the turbo sounds better...

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

yamaha fj rider

Awesome "Capn" was great to meet you and glad you are home safe.

Kurt
93 FJ1200
FJ 09
YZ250X I still love 2 strokes
Tenere 700
FJR1300ES

Capn Ron

Quote from: yamaha fj rider on June 13, 2014, 04:03:54 PM
Awesome "Capn" was great to meet you and glad you are home safe.

Kurt

Nice meeting you as well Kurt!

Are all hands accounted for at this point?
Cap'n Ron. . .