News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

WCR Willits 2014

Started by Mike Ramos, June 09, 2014, 07:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Ramos

It all began one foggy and dreary morning when out Wandering Aimlessly and, attempting to get warm, I stopped for a shot of booze and quick smoke.  Then appeared the local village idiot, using sign language telling of a strange place not too far away.  Easily discerning what this idiot was conveying seemed to come naturally – why I am not sure... - anyway, he indicated that I should head west to a place called the West Coast Rally.

Sensing my reluctance, he piqued my interest by stating that among the many attendees I would find: a guy who dances on the wind when there is no wind; a sailor Capitan with no boat; a preacher without a church; a monkey dressed as a Power Ranger; an aviator with no airplane; a skymaster who is the master of crashes; a guy who likes beans and says never stand down wind; a fellow dressed in green but not really from Mars, another guy with a European motorcycle [brought in by the man in green] claiming it really is a FJ!  The idiot even claimed, quite untrue of course, that on display there would be FJ's with upside down forks!   And to top it off, there would be someone who claims that a FJ actually is fuel injected!  I have it on good authority that EFI on the FJ ''cannot be done...!'' for many have tried in vain.  Let us pray it is possible & who knows, perhaps the concept will give legs to the FJ for the next thirty years...

It sure seemed as if it was a gathering of misfits & goofballs, which meant I would fit right in...!  If anyone has been left out, there is always next year.....!

Common among FJ Owners is the love of their motorcycles; it is as if they are addicted.

So, climbing aboard the trusty FJ, off I went looking for WCR eventually entering a tunnel which led to what appeared was the Land of Olsen Zari.   Not sure exactly where to go I began to follow the English french rabbit and his mighty FJ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eK7WZb1xP4&feature=youtu.be

Towards the end of the video, immediately after cresting a rise, a sedan pulls out in front of me.  Luck was with me as a serious situation was avoided!  It should be noted that I did not break off his mirror as I went by, nor did I stop at the traffic light and pound on the window; even after stopping in town there was no screaming and hollering at the hapless fellow (being fearful there would be no one to come & save me from myself)...  No, I just closed my eyes and hoped for a favorable outcome, which fortunately occurred...

Anyway, opening my eyes once again, the day continued to be foggy & dreary.  I suppose the moral of this story is not to believe everything an idiot says; no reason to be a knoel it all – simply choose what you decide to believe. 

Keep smiling, remember to laugh at ourselves once in awhile & ride safe,

Midget.

1tinindian

Nice Mike, I enjoyed that! Wish I could have ben a part of it!

Leon
"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

yamaha fj rider

Mike great video, thank you for posting.

Kurt
93 FJ1200
FJ 09
YZ250X I still love 2 strokes
Tenere 700
FJR1300ES

ribbert

Mike,
That's an excellent video. Great camera angles and mix, great editing and great music. If this is your own handiwork (other than the riding) you are to be commended. Watchable start to finish.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

andyoutandabout

Mike, nice camera work; those images are rock solid. As per our WCR discussion, I'm investigating a solution to my wiggly mounts.
Dig the mood music.
Andy
life without a bike is just life

big r

Nice video, Mike. Looks like it was a great ride. Big R

aviationfred

Great video Mike. Nice story incorporating members into your story  :good2:

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

Mark Olson

Great vid Mike , Sure was foggy down that rabbit hole.
too bad  the other stuff did not record , It was a pleasure to ride with you.   :drinks:
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

Firehawk068

Awesome video Mike................Was a blast riding with You, Craig, Mark, and Frank! :drinks:
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

Zari

Mike,

Great riding without doubt, and we sure do appreciate the video!  Always fun to get a view after the riding.......  Also look forward to seeing you and the rest for the Fall ride, and who knows....maybe we catch a ride sooner. 
By the way, the description of the "attendees" were great too.... I could figure out a few of em.

Ahhhhh...good times!!

Best,

Craig

Joe Sull

Great video and good story Mike  :good2:
You Keep What you kill