News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Wog57 Memorial FJ rally 14th March 2015

Started by roverfj1200, June 10, 2014, 02:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roverfj1200

Quote from: roverfj1200 on March 07, 2015, 05:39:33 PM
I don't think it has been mentioned here yet.

Bike line up and photos will start at 9 am.

Most likely near the river out front of the Hotel..

The ride for lunch will leave after this.

Cheers

For those riding in from Queensland remember.. NSW will be on Daylight savings....
1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.

Tony Mac

Quote from: Chromaxe on March 07, 2015, 07:27:20 PM
** Blood is thicker than Brake Fluid **

It really pains me to make this post - now I truly understand the meaning of "bitter sweet" - Nicolle and I won't be able to get there this coming weekend.  :sorry:
My son Michael's U13 cricket team has made it into the Grand Final next Sat & Sun - The Rally Weekend.  :biggrin:
In June last year when hotel bookings were made he didn't have much of any interest in cricket, let alone play in a team (yes I realise it was footy season then, but I hope you know what I mean).  :scratch_one-s_head:
We will drive up and use the accommodation I booked for the trip home... Richard, I'll fix you up for t-shirt postage...  :unknown:
I'll contact the hotel tomorrow or Tuesday and let them know - if anyone is looking for a room at Rally HQ - there will be a river room available soon... PM me if you want me to mention it/you to Sandy at the Hotel soonest.  :good:
Missing the lot of you already... Pete (olkktmdude), I can hear you coming past me at 60kph overtake in my mindseye - no need to check mirrors.  :blush:
Take care all and a great (and safe) weekend!  - Glen & Nicky  :drinks:

Glenn, that is bitter sweet. I must admit to doing the same thing many years ago when our boys were young.
There will be many more Rallies for you to attand, but very few opportunities to spend precious time with your families.
Have fun.

Be Good
Tony.
'92 FJ1200
'80 Suzuki GSX 750ET Shirley (Gone to god )
'04 Yamaha XVS1100A Tom (Sold)

oldktmdude

It really pains me to make this post - now I truly understand the meaning of "bitter sweet" - Nicolle and I won't be able to get there this coming weekend.  :sorry:
My son Michael's U13 cricket team has made it into the Grand Final next Sat & Sun - The Rally Weekend.  :biggrin:
In June last year when hotel bookings were made he didn't have much of any interest in cricket, let alone play in a team (yes I realise it was footy season then, but I hope you know what I mean).  :scratch_one-s_head:
We will drive up and use the accommodation I booked for the trip home... Richard, I'll fix you up for t-shirt postage...  :unknown:
I'll contact the hotel tomorrow or Tuesday and let them know - if anyone is looking for a room at Rally HQ - there will be a river room available soon... PM me if you want me to mention it/you to Sandy at the Hotel soonest.  :good:
Missing the lot of you already... Pete (olkktmdude), I can hear you coming past me at 60kph overtake in my mindseye - no need to check mirrors.  :blush:
Glen, what a pity you and Nicky can't make it. I always enjoy catching up with you. (on and off the road) Hope your young bloke's team can make up for you missing the Rally, with a win. Even if they don't win, it's still a great experience for you and your son to enjoy together. All the best mate, hope to see you at the next Rally.       
Regards, Pete.  :drinks:
1985 FJ1100 x2 (1 sold)
2009 TDM 900
1980 Kawasaki Z1R Mk11 (sold and still regretting it)
1979 Kawasaki Z650 (sold)
1985 Suzuki GSXR 400 x2 (next project)
2001 KTM 520 exc (sold)
2004 GasGas Ec300
1981 Honda CB 900 F (sold)
1989 Kawasaki GPX 600 Adventure

oz.fj

Congratulations Michael !!!
On the other hand.. Its a shame we wont be catching up with you guys this year.
We'll  have to make it a double JD next year!
All the Best
Darran & Danielle
89 FJ 1200 Shiny Black
89 FJ 1200 x 3 Red White Silver
92 XR 250
Life is pretty straight without twisties

The General

Bloody hell this Rally is quietly exciting. Richard, Darran & Danielle Ducked in Yesterday for an informal on the latest.
Seems they have a slight prob with tha Chook Raffle & Allocation of Prize categories.... and it`s all Randy`s fault!

He`s totally stuffed us up!

First of all the box he sent over is physically too big! (can`t fit it in the sidecar!).
Secondly, each individual product is more valuable than first prize last Year! (The Clothes dryer supplied by "the good Guys", The Gym Equipment etc).

I mean seriously great stuff from mods for your FJ  (wish I didn`t have upside down forks!), stacks of motor & suspension upgrades and even body protection.
No way could we fit it anywhere in our luggage, so we`ve done the right thing and divied it up for ourselves!

Luckily there were some chooks left over for the Raffle and category prizes may have a sweaty smell to them if ya take a large size!  :drinks:

`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

X-Ray

Mmmmm, only a few days till blast off. I took the bike for a run yesterday after fitting Darrans rear rebuilt shock he got off Dayta ( who I think went all out and bought one of Randys excellent offerings ), and compared to my old one, fantastic. I'll put some details up in the thread Dayta started recently.

I spent a good few hours yesterday polishing like a demented 13 year old, ( Noel has put the wind up me  :mocking: ) not that it will help me, but all is good. If it even looks like rain on Friday I have a covered trailer on standby for transport   :lol:

One thing I did find out on the weekend is the hotel we are staying at does not have a breakfast deal included with our rather pricey rooms, they said there was no demand for it because there are so many cafes within walking distance of the pub.  :empathy:    Bit of a shame.  Anyway, bring on Friday, have you decided on a departure time from Beaudesert Darran?
'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

X-Ray

'84 FJ1100 Red/White

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

flips

Quote from: oz.fj on February 16, 2015, 02:25:22 PM

So Who's going.... add your name to the list

Darran & Danielle - oz.fj
Richard & Julie - roverfj1200
Glen & Nicky (does she know yet?)- Chromaxe
Ray & Alena -  X-Ray
Dougie - The General
Harvy - will be coming down from Lismore with my mate Greame
Stu and possibly Sue - stua1959
Mark - Urban Legend (hometown advantage
Trent & Jodie - LB
Pete (oldktmdude) Alf (ZRX1200) & Peter ('88 FJ)
Noel
Noel
Noel
Noel ( I have a conflicting arrangement that keeps changing)
Tony - Tony Mac
Cheal + 1
Jeff P (flips) Pending reasonable weather and a sore back settling down...

Hi Rally goers.
I got the time off work  :yahoo:, booked into a pub room :good2: fj behaving  :yes:,may pull out if sore back doesn't settle and/or the weather is crap  :unknown: (624km is a long ride in the rain!-and riding in the rain sucks!!) :negative:
http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nsw/northern-rivers/grafton

Hope to see you all there!

Cheers  :drinks:

Jeff P
Stay rubber side down.

roverfj1200

Quote from: flips on March 09, 2015, 03:57:32 AM

So Who's going.... add your name to the list

Darran & Danielle - oz.fj
Richard & Julie - roverfj1200
Glen & Nicky (does she know yet?)- Chromaxe
Ray & Alena -  X-Ray
Dougie - The General
Harvy - will be coming down from Lismore with my mate Greame
Stu and possibly Sue - stua1959
Mark - Urban Legend (hometown advantage
Trent & Jodie - LB
Pete (oldktmdude) Alf (ZRX1200) & Peter ('88 FJ)
Noel
Noel
Noel
Noel ( I have a conflicting arrangement that keeps changing)
Tony - Tony Mac
Cheal + 1
Jeff P (flips) Pending reasonable weather and a sore back settling down...

Hi Rally goers.
I got the time off work  :yahoo:, booked into a pub room :good2: fj behaving  :yes:,may pull out if sore back doesn't settle and/or the weather is crap  :unknown: (624km is a long ride in the rain!-and riding in the rain sucks!!) :negative:

Jeff P

Great news........
1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.

X-Ray

(624km is a long ride in the rain!-and riding in the rain sucks!!) :negative:

Jeff P

Hey EXCELLENT news Jeff! Bit of rain?, you rode up to Kennilworth in a bit of rain a couple of years back didn't you.? Although your bike was not as shiny as it is now.  :good2:
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

The General

So Who's going....

Jeff P (flips)

Hi Rally goers.

See you all there!

Jeff P

Ummm....I can remember waiting up all hours, south on the main Rd in Kenilworth (2012) for your late arrival, while you lounged at the campsite following your easterly arrival by a treacherous dirt Rd at night, leaving me to continue my due vigilance, forlornly looking out for you!.  :cray:
You`re tha only duel titleholder, Grafton is around 450klms closer with a guaranteed prize and and even a straight vehicle swap (Toyota Corolla)has been organised for your trip home....... to alleviate any aches that may creep in over the weekend!   :biggrin:

ribbert

Quote from: X-Ray on March 08, 2015, 07:29:07 PM

I spent a good few hours yesterday polishing like a demented 13 year old, ( Noel has put the wind up me  :mocking: )

Ray, unfortunately for me, an good for you, your crown as the polish King of the Southern Hemisphere will remain unchallenged, I have no hope of getting to the rally (and even it I did, my bike would be dirty)
One of my biggest customers has accreditation of the 25th and has just hit me with a swag of compliance issues to addressed before then.

6 days travelling time plus the weekend just doesn't fit over the next week or so and my bike is still riding like a rubber cow anyway. Sorting it out has turned into a bigger job than I expected. I had hoped my suspension would be plug & play, but it's not and I have already spent more time than I care for friggin' around with it and my initial wave of enthusiasm for sorting it has passed.

If the Rally was a week or two later, no worries, but I can't afford (literally) to muck these people around.

I will be there in spirit, again!

Have a great time guys and remember, plenty if photos.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

Chromaxe

Quote from: The General on March 08, 2015, 04:11:52 AM
Congratulations Michael. Please send live cricket commentary for me to pass on. Will miss you guys. Look forward to catching up at Easter`s Broadford Bike Bonanza.  :drinks:
Will make a point of being there Doug. Have a great weekend.
Glen M.
'89 3CV "Shinier Black"
'88 3CV "Shiny Black" - getting parted out...

Melbourne, Australia

"Once a year with this crowd isn't enough, but its perfect."

oz.fj

Quote from: The General on March 08, 2015, 05:36:19 PM
Bloody hell this Rally is quietly exciting. Richard, Darran & Danielle Ducked in Yesterday for an informal on the latest.
Seems they have a slight prob with tha Chook Raffle & Allocation of Prize categories.... and it`s all Randy`s fault!

First of all the box he sent over is physically too big! (can`t fit it in the sidecar!).
Secondly, each individual product is more valuable than first prize last Year! (The Clothes dryer supplied by "the good Guys", The Gym Equipment etc).

I mean seriously great stuff from mods for your FJ  (wish I didn`t have upside down forks!), stacks of motor & suspension upgrades and even body protection.
No way could we fit it anywhere in our luggage, so we`ve done the right thing and divied it up for ourselves!

Luckily there were some chooks left over for the Raffle and category prizes may have a sweaty smell to them if ya take a large size!  :drinks:

Come on Dougie !!!
We agreed to keep it all hush hush about the package Randy had sent... :dash2:
I know that a couple of the Ducati Mafia are going to be there and are expecting payment . So you best pack some of that gear up and bring it on down.
We are going to have to make some decent coin on the Chook raffles to get us out of this one. :wacko2:
89 FJ 1200 Shiny Black
89 FJ 1200 x 3 Red White Silver
92 XR 250
Life is pretty straight without twisties

The General

Quote from: oz.fj on March 10, 2015, 12:04:33 AM
Quote from: The General on March 08, 2015, 05:36:19 PM

Come on Dougie !!!
We agreed to keep it all hush hush about the package Randy had sent... :dash2:
I know that a couple of the Ducati Mafia are going to be there and are expecting payment . So you best pack some of that gear up and bring it on down.
We are going to have to make some decent coin on the Chook raffles to get us out of this one. :wacko2:

Okay, okay....Due to the personal value of my nuts, it looks like I gotta make the supreme rally sacrifice!

There`s no way all that loot will fit on my bike, so taday I`ve started packing the spare car, dammit!

I got off to a good start:

But somehow I got to fit in some more! (I`ve attempted to hide major prizes away from view, so don`t look too hard.....)

All Done, just need a red flag:

Chookie`s happy too! 

Thanks to all the contributors, but especially Randy (sensational really!)