Wog57 Memorial FJ rally 14th March 2015

Started by roverfj1200, June 10, 2014, 02:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnie

WoW !  You got Yamaha to donate a new FJ-09 still in the crate for some lucky rally attendee!!

I knew you were persuasive, but that is really very impressive.

X-Ray

Quote from: ribbert on March 09, 2015, 08:47:44 AM

Ray, unfortunately for me, an good for you, your crown as the polish King of the Southern Hemisphere will remain unchallenged, I have no hope of getting to the rally
Noel

Actually Noel, I am but the Grasshopper, hoping to learn from the Master, which is why I will sorely miss seeing you in Grafton. Thats a bugger, but I know real life does have a way of interfering with fantasy escapes on the FJs.  :drinks:

As far as cleanliness and shine goes, you really do have to wear sunnies when Flips arrives in town. That colour coordinated polished beauty of his really raises the bar to lofty heights  :good2:    What are you doing suspension wise Noel?
'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

Urban_Legend

Hi all

Can't wait, only 3 sleeps to go. If anyone needs some accommodation (and budget is being streached) or just some where to put the bike out of public view for the night please let me know. My house is just a short Taxi ride (5 mins)from the Crown Hotel and I will have some spare floor space or you could pitch a tent in the back yard.

Mark
Mark
My Baby (Sparkles)
84 FJ1100/1200 motor
92 FJ 1200 - Project bike. Finished and sold.
84 FJ1100 - Project bike.

oz.fj

Quote from: X-Ray on March 10, 2015, 06:52:58 PM
Quote from: ribbert on March 09, 2015, 08:47:44 AM

Ray, unfortunately for me, an good for you, your crown as the polish King of the Southern Hemisphere will remain unchallenged, I have no hope of getting to the rally
Noel

Actually Noel, I am but the Grasshopper, hoping to learn from the Master, which is why I will sorely miss seeing you in Grafton. Thats a bugger, but I know real life does have a way of interfering with fantasy escapes on the FJs.  :drinks:

As far as cleanliness and shine goes, you really do have to wear sunnies when Flips arrives in town. That colour coordinated polished beauty of his really raises the bar to lofty heights  :good2:    What are you doing suspension wise Noel?

Don't think its just Xray and Flips in the running for Best Presented . With the calibre of prizes this year I too have been feverishly polishing away.............

I think she's coming along well.... :good2:
89 FJ 1200 Shiny Black
89 FJ 1200 x 3 Red White Silver
92 XR 250
Life is pretty straight without twisties

X-Ray

*sigh* Back to the shed for me. Damn you!
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

Urban_Legend

Don't think its just Xray and Flips in the running for Best Presented . With the calibre of prizes this year I too have been feverishly polishing away.............

[/quote]

Arrrr. my eyes. It burns lol. Love the shine.
Mark
My Baby (Sparkles)
84 FJ1100/1200 motor
92 FJ 1200 - Project bike. Finished and sold.
84 FJ1100 - Project bike.

stua1959

Ray and Flips must be crapping themselves

CanDman

Sorry I won't be attending this year but I hope you all have a safe and wonderful time. Hey Doug....I would love a Rally shirt if you can get me one  :good:
Kev
PS.....I will be there in spirit (provided someone brings Tequila) :wacko3:   
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

flips

Quote from: stua1959 on March 10, 2015, 08:36:58 PM
Ray and Flips must be crapping themselves

With that fully customised exhaust for additional road clearance in the twisties and deliberate removal of unnecessary heavy bits for better power to weight ratio ( and that fully sick street fighter look) this must be a wild ride indeed.
The shit stained woolen seat cover is a dead set give away... :shok:

I might as well admit defeat and leave my outclassed 86 under its cover in shame..... :flag_of_truce:

:crazy:

Cheers :drinks:

Jeff P
Stay rubber side down.

Emporian

Fringe on the seat would compliment the look -

X-Ray

Quote from: flips on March 11, 2015, 05:20:58 AM
The shit stained woolen seat cover is a dead set give away... :shok:

Cheers :drinks:

Jeff P

One of the funniest things I've read in ages, lol!!!!!  :rofl2: :rofl2: I'm going to giggle myself to sleep tonight.
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

ribbert

Quote from: oz.fj on March 10, 2015, 08:11:16 PM

I think you need a coarser grade polish on the mufflers and a "high build" alloy polish on the crankshaft cover.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

Roach

Hi all well its 6.30 am thurs and i am just about to jump on the bike (HONDA 900)will head up the NEW ENGLAND and stay with a mate  just up the road from Grafton will see everybody sat morning.         Tony l :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :drinks: :drinks: :i_am_so_happy: :i_am_so_happy:

oz.fj

Quote from: ribbert on March 11, 2015, 09:06:19 AM
Quote from: oz.fj on March 10, 2015, 08:11:16 PM

Well..... I spent the day in the shed yesterday putting the final touches on her.
I was going to post a progress pic, but I can see I have the opposition running scared. ( shit stained cover) Ha !
So you will all have to wait for the final reveal at the Rally

See yall There  :yahoo:
89 FJ 1200 Shiny Black
92 XR 250

oz.fj

Quote from: oz.fj on February 21, 2015, 06:00:54 PM
With the Rally only 3 weeks away thought I'd make some travel plans...

Those coming down from the north I was thinking of meeting up at Beaudesert Mcdonalds car park at around 9:30am on Friday morning. That would give us plenty of time for a leisurely jaunt down the Summerland Way and be at the bar with your favourite beverage in hand no later than 4 o'clock.

It was pointed out that I my have been a little excited with the time....
Lets make it 10:30am Queensland time  :i_am_so_happy:

89 FJ 1200 Shiny Black
92 XR 250