News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Wog57 Memorial FJ rally 14th March 2015

Started by roverfj1200, June 10, 2014, 02:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roverfj1200

Ladies and Gentlemen the venue for the Wog 57 Memorial 2015 FJ Australian rally is http://www.crownhotelmotel.com/

The date for this great gathering will be 14th March 2015.

You have a number of accommodation options available from pub rooms to adjoining motel.

Over looking the mighty Clarence river and surrounded with some of the best motorcycling roads Australia has to offer.

I would advise you to book as soon as you can as spaces will fill fast and you know you don't want to miss out.

Saturday will see a line up of bikes followed by a pillion friendly ride to lunch. After which we will return to our venue for a night of Tall tails and the rally presentations.

Be there or be square.

To help with the organisation of the rally please state you are with the FJ Rally when booking and let me know of you intention to be there.

Cheers.
1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.

oz.fj

Danielle and I are in :good2:
Booked into a riverfront motel room .
Bring it on :yahoo:

Darran
89 FJ 1200 Shiny Black
89 FJ 1200 x 3 Red White Silver
92 XR 250
Life is pretty straight without twisties

The General

Quote from: oz.fj on June 17, 2014, 11:58:03 PM
Danielle and I are in :good2:
Booked into a riverfront motel room .
Bring it on :yahoo:

Darran
We are too!....ummmmm, coffee on tha river!.....gunna bring me rubber floaties! (I love old pubs!) :drinks:
...Did you know there is more pubs in Grafton, per head of population, than any other Australian Town? (and tha Crown is King!)
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

Chromaxe

Nicky and I are in (though she doesn't know it yet)..... a view of the river, yes please. Locked and Loaded for Fri/Sat.

Staying the Sunday night was a mistake @ Jindy. Too quiet when you guys had all gone....  :morning1:

Thanks Richard for the heads up.
Glen M.
'89 3CV "Shinier Black"
'88 3CV "Shiny Black" - getting parted out...

Melbourne, Australia

"Once a year with this crowd isn't enough, but its perfect."

X-Ray

RiverView room booked and loaded......    :good2:
'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

roverfj1200

Julie and myself have booked.....Can't wait... :good2:
1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.

Tony Mac

G'day,
I was granted leave today  :yahoo: and have sent off an enquiry about accomadation at the Pub for the Friday and Saturday night for Lesley and I. I'll follow up tomorrow and pay my deposit.
I can't wait  :yahoo:
Be Good.
Macca
'92 FJ1200
'80 Suzuki GSX 750ET Shirley (Gone to god )
'04 Yamaha XVS1100A Tom (Sold)

Tony Mac

I'm still lining up all my Ducks.
Time off: Check
Book room, pay deposit:   Check
Planned Bike maintainence schedule: Check
Greese trailer wheel bearings:   Check

Convince Wife to come with me:   Work in Progress

See you there.
Be Good.
Macca.
'92 FJ1200
'80 Suzuki GSX 750ET Shirley (Gone to god )
'04 Yamaha XVS1100A Tom (Sold)

roverfj1200

Hope you are all planning for the Wog 57 Rally..

Hope to see you there.  :good2:
1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.

X-Ray

Counting down the days Richard, counting down the days. Sitting in the backyard at the moment, having a nice couple of Kilkennys, watching an old stump burn that should have been done ages ago. And while I'm doing this I'm also thinking about that nice back deck at the Crown Hotel overlooking the river for 2 nights in March, woohoo, can't wait.  :good2:
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

The General

Quote from: X-Ray on August 31, 2014, 12:37:05 AM
Counting down the days Richard, counting down the days. Sitting in the backyard at the moment, having a nice couple of Kilkennys, watching an old stump burn that should have been done ages ago. And while I'm doing this I'm also thinking about that nice back deck at the Crown Hotel overlooking the river for 2 nights in March, woohoo, can't wait.  :good2:

Yeah, what a nice sunny Sunday. Rich dropped in for a cuppa to stir me up.. After he left, I thought I`d get myself motivated ta prep the FJ ready, ...with some bike racing flicks.

Given the mafia from New South Wales are coming to Grafton in memory of Wog57, I thought I`d check out how some of their bretheran ride....This chapter is from Columbia.

Apparently they prefer a Le Manns start and the smell of two strokes....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBjlGsq_sf8&feature=em-share_video_user     :drinks:

stua1959

Been working furiously to get the bike together. While it is in pieces I have done the coil and headlight relay mod and added an accessory fuse block. Will be picking up new instrument panel and surround tomorrow, master cyl pot and mirrors on their way. Major expense will be rego and new tyres to go on the Suzuki rim. Still looking for a decent ignition/oil pump cover and will order some new pilot jets to go with the pod filters. Should have plenty of time to get it on the road and sorted before the rally. Still only 50% strength in my clutch hand but working on that too.
Apparently it is my turn to host a manshed day after Glenn so early in the new year might be a good time to make sure the canetoad bikes are not shown up by the cockroach mafia

X-Ray

Quote from: stua1959 on August 31, 2014, 05:00:40 AM
Apparently it is my turn to host a manshed day after Glenn so early in the new year might be a good time to make sure the canetoad bikes are not shown up by the cockroach mafia

:lol: :lol: Sounds good Stu.  Are you changing the jet size when you order new ones? I still have the originals with my pods, although the carbs do need a strip/clean, running fine at the moment considering.
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

The General

Those wogs know how ta ride me thinks. I cant stop watching this enthralling ride in Columbia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBjlGsq_sf8&feature=em-share_video_user

Did anyone else see the square guttered corner followed by a speed hump and a Pole! (around 2.56)
The only hole shot is about 2 foot wide between the RH end of the speed hump and the continuing  squared off, head smashing gutter!..... which lines you up perfectly to hit the pole.

Fortunately the Mafia Workplace Health & Safety guys were obviously alerted and put a tyre at the base of the pole (about a foot below handlebar height).

The camera rider tries using the hump to overtake at one stage, but alas the gutter holeshot is best line.

Me thinks I might need some RPM suspension bits for the Grafton Rally! (gulp) (along with my patented coffee shots for ammo!) Heeeehehe

stua1959

Hey Ray,
I will probably go up to the largest jet 42.5 as the idle mixture screws are about 6 turns out and it still stumbles off idle. Was ok before I put the pods on but I will also give the carbs a clean to be on the safe side