News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Wog57 Memorial FJ rally 14th March 2015

Started by roverfj1200, June 10, 2014, 02:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jr1349

Quote from: The General on August 31, 2014, 07:29:41 PM
Those wogs know how ta ride me thinks. I cant stop watching this enthralling ride in Columbia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBjlGsq_sf8&feature=em-share_video_user

Did anyone else see the square guttered corner followed by a speed hump and a Pole! (around 2.56)
The only hole shot is about 2 foot wide between the RH end of the speed hump and the continuing  squared off, head smashing gutter!..... which lines you up perfectly to hit the pole.

Fortunately the Mafia Workplace Health & Safety guys were obviously alerted and put a tyre at the base of the pole (about a foot below handlebar height).

The camera rider tries using the hump to overtake at one stage, but alas the gutter holeshot is best line.

Me thinks I might need some RPM suspension bits for the Grafton Rally! (gulp) (along with my patented coffee shots for ammo!) Heeeehehe

IOM eat ya heart out

whateva those things are that theyre riding, the little 2 dakers are tuned like gp 125's, they fan the clutch like it as well.

top vid, very entertaining :yahoo:

say, this rally sounds like it might be just a couple weeks after world supers at PI, that could be convenient :dance:

k

roverfj1200

Just a bump here as you know it will be here before you know it.

:good2: :good2: :good2: :good2: :good2: :good2: :good2: :good2: :good2: :good2:
1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.

Urban_Legend

Hi All. I am new to the FJ scene (and this forum) and have purchased 2 FJ1100's as project bikes. I have started a ground up rebuild on the first bike. After reading this post i now have inspiration to get moving with the rebuild as i now have 4 months to compete it before the FJ's start rolling into my home town (Grafton) for the FJ Rally. Looking forward to showing off my work and getting some handy tips and meeting new friends.
Mark
My Baby (Sparkles)
84 FJ1100/1200 motor
92 FJ 1200 - Project bike. Finished and sold.
84 FJ1100 - Project bike.

X-Ray

Was just going to post the link to the rally, but you have found it anyway. Good stuff!   
'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

The General

Not sure if this is the right thread for the following story on Joe. ....But a good read from a different perspective of our rally tribute...

http://www.docnsw.org.au/pages/newsletters  then click "Moto Duca Winter 2014" Then scroll down to page 23.        :drinks:
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

stua1959

Chromaxe

Glen M.
'89 3CV "Shinier Black"
'88 3CV "Shiny Black" - getting parted out...

Melbourne, Australia

"Once a year with this crowd isn't enough, but its perfect."

aviationfred

I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

Harvy

Quote from: The General on October 31, 2014, 02:12:45 AM
Not sure if this is the right thread for the following story on Joe. ....But a good read from a different perspective of our rally tribute...

http://www.docnsw.org.au/pages/newsletters  then click "Moto Duca Winter 2014" Then scroll down to page 23.        :drinks:

Doug, have any of the guys from the Ducati club been in contact with you re attending? Reading the story suggests that there may be attendees...... one can only hope!

Harvy
FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

The General

Quote from: Harvy on October 31, 2014, 04:57:22 PM
Quote from: The General on October 31, 2014, 02:12:45 AM

Doug, have any of the guys from the Ducati club been in contact with you re attending? Reading the story suggests that there may be attendees...... one can only hope!

Harvy
Yeah mate, they`ll be there!

I`ve been work`n on some ammo ta keep them strokers in check. I reckon tha water pistols I`ve been testing simply ain`t good enough, so I practised with those pink balloons on last week`s Breast cancer ride. If ya keep the water content minimised, my accuracy greatly improved......Stage 3 of my research is on the content. (thinking of using recycled liquid due to my commitment to the environment!)  :diablo:
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

oz.fj

Just flicking through my new calendar...and realized.... :shok:

11 WEEKS TILL THE RALLY
89 FJ 1200 Shiny Black
89 FJ 1200 x 3 Red White Silver
92 XR 250
Life is pretty straight without twisties

stua1959

CanDman

Man I wish I could be there !!  :drinks:

Kev

Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

stua1959

oldktmdude

For anyone heading to the Grafton Rally, planning on heading up north from Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania or Western Australia
and need a great stop-over location, you are more than welcome to stay at Bermagui. We have at least 6 spare beds for anyone that
may need a place to sleep and eat.
  Alf (ZRX1200) Pete ('88 FJ) and myself are planning on leaving for Grafton on Thursday 12th March. Any of you are more than welcome to join us for the ride. We travel at higher than posted limits but nothing silly. We try not to take major roads, so the ride is always interesting, with small towns and scenic countryside our goal.
  Times getting away, it won't be long 'til have a beer together. Can't wait.  Regards, Pete.   :drinks:
1985 FJ1100 x2 (1 sold)
2009 TDM 900
1980 Kawasaki Z1R Mk11 (sold and still regretting it)
1979 Kawasaki Z650 (sold)
1985 Suzuki GSXR 400 x2 (next project)
2001 KTM 520 exc (sold)
2004 GasGas Ec300
1981 Honda CB 900 F (sold)
1989 Kawasaki GPX 600 Adventure