News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Auto-rev 2000

Started by fj johnnie, July 13, 2014, 07:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fj johnnie

Recently six of us went for an awesome road trip to Boston. We rode from Niagara , Ontario, down to Pennsylvania, and then followed squiggly lines all the way to Boston.
We stopped at a little town called Johnstown PA. We  unfortunately arrived during the THUNDER IN THE VALLEY weekend. This turned out to be a Harley fest, with tens of thousands of bikers. No helmets, no jackets, no mufflers. Many guys riding around with their wives or girlfriends , wearing tank tops, shorts, and helmetless.
As we needed fuel we stopped at a gas station to fill up. While we fueled up we observed that a large percentage of the bikers could not resist the urge to rev the crap out of their open pipe Harleys. One after another. For hours.
  This got one of the members of our group thinking. We need a product for these guys that don't have the time to just rev the crap out of their bikes regularly. Enter the AUTO REV 2000. Basically it will allow owners of said bikes to remotely start their bikes with their iPhones or other such Android device. Initially it will only be available with the ability to start and rev the motor, but as time goes on, we will add a SCREAMING EAGLE version. Then  a Limited Edition model with the ability to chart how many times the auto rev has revved up the owners bike.It will later be upgradeable to allow a preset amount of full throttle revs.  Through continuous upgrades ( more money ) , we will add more and more features.  Decibel counters. Accumulated decibel counters. ( how much noise , plus the amount of time at a specific noise level ) . Etc etc.

fj1289

Sad part is this sounds like a very marketable idea

Country Joe

Quote from: fj1289 on July 13, 2014, 08:10:48 AM
Sad part is this sounds like a very marketable idea
Yep, you could even build your cred points on rainy days.  Just remotely rev the snot out of it while it sits in the garage.
1993 FJ 1200

Flynt

Quote from: fj johnnie on July 13, 2014, 07:59:35 AM
Through continuous upgrades ( more money ) , we will add more and more features.  Decibel counters. Accumulated decibel counters. ( how much noise , plus the amount of time at a specific noise level ) . Etc etc.

Don't forget the accessories...  I'm kinda shocked there's not an iPhone case with a chain attached already in fact.

I remember sitting at a stop light with my dad when I was a young boy and him telling me to never buy a bike that would't just idle without constantly prodding the throttle...  he was joking of course, but was no fan of Hardly Ablesons.

Frank
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...

1tinindian

No helmets, no jackets, no mufflers. Many guys riding around with their wives or girlfriends , wearing tank tops, shorts, and helmetless.
As we needed fuel we stopped at a gas station to fill up. While we fueled up we observed that a large percentage of the bikers could not resist the urge to rev the crap out of their open pipe Harleys. One after another. For hours.

These are exactly the reasons why I don't want anything to do with HD riders.
That whole "life-style", if you will, just pisses me off.
And this is why I love my FJ family, how we ride, and what we ride!

My personal experience was just last summer when my son and I were on a day long ride over to the Mississippi River. On our way home, we came across a lone HD going just under the speed limit, older rider with his weather beaten "'ol lady" on the back. As we were over taking, he flips the bird, ( have this on video) and he then speeds up to our speed and starts shouting obscenities to us as we were turning onto another highway, and for what???? because we chose to pass his great piece of American steel??? PLEASE!!!!! I have no time for asshats like that on the highway, nor in life in general.

Leon
"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

JPaganel

1993 FJ1200 ABS

1984 FJ600, up on blocks

1986 FJ1200, flaming wreck, repaired and sold
1986 FJ1200, repaired, ridden, sold

I don't want a pickle
I just want to ride my motorcicle

Flynt

Quote from: JPaganel on July 13, 2014, 01:55:06 PM
Quote from: Flynt on July 13, 2014, 11:30:57 AM
Don't forget the accessories...  I'm kinda shocked there's not an iPhone case with a chain attached already in fact.
Frank
Be shocked no more...

Ha!  Figures I guess, this one was too obvious.  

Maybe still a chance for the BlueTooth enabled dew rag?  Or some sort of "FitBit" like device to make sure you've reached your daily noise pollution quota?  That last one could use AutoRev to start the beast up and rev in case the owner is too busy shopping for accessories to ride the POS.

Frank
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...

Harvy

Recently six of us went for an awesome road trip to Boston. We rode from Niagara , Ontario, down to Pennsylvania, and then followed squiggly lines all the way to Boston.
We stopped at a little town called Johnstown PA. We  unfortunately arrived during the THUNDER IN THE VALLEY weekend. This turned out to be a Harley fest, with tens of thousands of bikers. No helmets, no jackets, no mufflers. Many guys riding around with their wives or girlfriends , wearing tank tops, shorts, and helmetless.
  This got one of the members of our group thinking. We need a product for these guys that don't have the time to just rev the crap out of their bikes regularly. Enter the AUTO REV 2000. Basically it will allow owners of said bikes to remotely start their bikes with their iPhones or other such Android device. Initially it will only be available with the ability to start and rev the motor, but as time goes on, we will add a SCREAMING EAGLE version. Then  a Limited Edition model with the ability to chart how many times the auto rev has revved up the owners bike.It will later be upgradeable to allow a preset amount of full throttle revs.  Through continuous upgrades ( more money ) , we will add more and more features.  Decibel counters. Accumulated decibel counters. ( how much noise , plus the amount of time at a specific noise level ) . Etc etc.

And a little simulated RED LED to let them know the bloody thing won't start....... :rofl:

Harvy
FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

scarylarry

my wife and I were on a walk the other day and it just happened to be "bike night" downtown.
every asshat and their brother was there.  we were walking under a bridge and the hardley riders would ride up
and stop under the bridge and rev the crap out of their bikes and laugh on how loud them could make it.
...and don't get me started with the posers....

this week we have "roar on the shore" which is a very small version of Sturgis.. heaven help us....dirtbags everywhere! :dash2:

rktmanfj

Quote from: Flynt on July 13, 2014, 11:30:57 AM
Through continuous upgrades ( more money ) , we will add more and more features.  Decibel counters. Accumulated decibel counters. ( how much noise , plus the amount of time at a specific noise level ) . Etc etc.

http://tinyurl.com/ngh9n6c

Randy T
Indy

Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Psalms 144:1

'89 FJ1200
'90 FJ1200
'78 XT500
'88 XT350

JPaganel

Quote from: scarylarry on July 13, 2014, 04:42:55 PM
this week we have "roar on the shore" which is a very small version of Sturgis.. heaven help us....dirtbags everywhere! :dash2:

The sad thing is, so many of these people aren't even real dirtbags... They are just people with money to blow on chrome pretending to be cool.
1993 FJ1200 ABS

1984 FJ600, up on blocks

1986 FJ1200, flaming wreck, repaired and sold
1986 FJ1200, repaired, ridden, sold

I don't want a pickle
I just want to ride my motorcicle

fj johnnie

After reading the thread about laying a bike down, it is clear we have another Auto Rev 2000 accessory. The Auto Rev 2000 Kickstand lock. So those things don't vibrate off the side stand. Of course it will be shiny as can be. It will be made in China and will retail for more than 25 times the cost. Which should seem reasonable.