News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Greetings from the PNW

Started by Prototype4342, July 26, 2014, 12:10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prototype4342

Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself before I go post all over the rest of the forum haha. A couple of months ago I bought an '86 FJ1200, it needs a little work [carb cleaning being the top of the list] and has already got new tires and rear brake pads [old ones were worn enough that they were metal on metal with the rotor, went a couple days with only front brakes]. I have put about 4000 miles on it so far and I'm excited to have a bike I can take on decently long road trips. Anyway, pic time.

TexasDave

Welcome to the mad house......er I mean forum. Good looking bike but I don't remember that much snow when I rode mine home from Spokane last year.  Dave
A pistol is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one you will never need one again.

charleygofast

4000 mi. in a couple of mos. that's riding Dude! As you allready must know this is the place to be for anything FJ. Great people, great bikes and lots of knowledge being shared here. Congrats on the 86!                                                                                                                                                               Welcome, hold on and enjoy the ride! :hi:                                                                                                                                                                 Charley.
1984 Yamaha FJ 1100
1981 Yamaha XS 650
1985 Suzuki SP 600F
1979 Yamaha XS 1100                                                                      2015 Kawasaki KLR 650

FeralRdr

Welcome to the Sanitarium of Moditus.  Is the Snow from Rainer or Baker?

movenon

Welcome ! Nice intro. Sounds like you got a good feel for the bike. As you go, ask questions, lots of excellent help on line here.
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

Prototype4342

Quote from: FeralRdr on July 26, 2014, 11:24:30 AM
Welcome to the Sanitarium of Moditus.  Is the Snow from Rainer or Baker?
That is on Rainier. Took that pic the day after I bought the bike.

Also I commute on the FJ 50 miles a day so that helped a lot with the mileage

aviationfred

Welcome to the forum,  :hi:

Great looking FJ  :good2:

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

FJmonkey

Welcome and greetings fellow 86' owner. Be aware of Moditus, I have already done many of the popular upgrades, the RPM shock and dog bones will be soon. UNI air pods, 17" wheels front and rear, Blue dot front brakes, RPM fork valves (I really like them), SST braided brake lines, Corbin seat, RPM fork brace.... I am sure I am forgetting a few more.. You have been warned.  :ireful: Kookaloo brother.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Prototype4342

Quote from: FJmonkey on July 27, 2014, 07:00:25 PM
Welcome and greetings fellow 86' owner. Be aware of Moditus, I have already done many of the popular upgrades, the RPM shock and dog bones will be soon. UNI air pods, 17" wheels front and rear, Blue dot front brakes, RPM fork valves (I really like them), SST braided brake lines, Corbin seat, RPM fork brace.... I am sure I am forgetting a few more.. You have been warned.  :ireful: Kookaloo brother.
I am fully aware of moditis I have 3 cars, one of which is stock, and 3 bikes, one of which is stock. I already bought cheapy unipods, probably going to upgrade to the UNI filter pods after I get the carbs rebuilt and running correctly. I also already have a spin-on filter [first oil change sold me on that]. more expensive stuff will come later after I get it running right. Still DDing it so it's difficult to break down and pull the carbs apart.

FJmonkey

Quote from: Prototype4342 on July 28, 2014, 12:13:31 AM
I am fully aware of moditis I have 3 cars, one of which is stock, and 3 bikes, one of which is stock. I already bought cheapy unipods, probably going to upgrade to the UNI filter pods after I get the carbs rebuilt and running correctly. I also already have a spin-on filter [first oil change sold me on that]. more expensive stuff will come later after I get it running right. Still DDing it so it's difficult to break down and pull the carbs apart.

Well, get cracking man!!!! You will not find your Kookaloo with a crappy (edit any part of FJ here)!!!!!
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side