News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

S E QLD Manshed Day Sept 2014

Started by X-Ray, August 14, 2014, 01:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ribbert

You guys look like you had a great day.

Glen, I like looking at the background in garage shots, for example, has Ken been bullshitting us about the R1 he owns.

Yours raises a few points of interest.

1. What's with the aircraft wing, the serious woodworking equipment and the fancy bench legs?

2.What's with the patio heaters, in QL? or have you converted them to run on refrigerant. Maybe you blokes need to invest in some of these for the "cold" months.

3. I feel like I know many of those that attended but don't have a clue what any of them look like, any chance someone could name those in the photos. The only thing I recognise is the General's arse, (err, from throwing his leg over the bike)

Looks like you have a great spread there Glen, it just looks so QL. I can feel the humidity and hear the mozzies from hear, Seriously, I love QL, lived there for a year in '75 and had a great time and have ridden there 14 times.
As Doug will tell you, I had originally planned on being there for the Manshed day but a conflicting event next weekend in SA made it impossible. It will have to wait until the rally.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

X-Ray

Another great Manshed Day has come and gone. Nice and relaxing, great food, cold drinks, spacious shed, good crew to banter with, even the weather was good, (no tennis ball sized hail this time).

Not just FJs there today.

Work Started Before the bikes were even in the shed

Bones had the right idea, lets get Glenns Ultralight finished first.

Glenn had other ideas and decided to be a chicken... or something.

Even had a nice Hyosung 650 Sports with a wicked sounding Yoshimura pipe on.

My new dogbones installed, Thanks for holding the other end of the spanner Ken!

I have got to get me one of these great shirts from the Purveyer of Fine FJ products in California.

Just before Glenns chicken impersonation had worn off, he did actually lay some eggs and proceeded to cook them for us.

Well fed and watered, there were tales and laughs to be had.

The last two diehards there at the end......

Looking forward to the next one, and WELL DONE GLENN!!

'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

X-Ray

The General did take a photo of us lined up at the end Noel, so he may be able post the photo and say who is who  :good2:
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

oz.fj

THANKS Glenn!!
Was great to catch up with everyone.

Congratulations to Cheal on the purchase of his new FJ
The smile on his face after the test ride didn't leave all day

Lucky I didn't have LB's trailer on the way home or I might have picked this one up.
Seeing now I have a spare spot in the shed.
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane-region/motorcycles/yamaha-fj1200/1057019594
89 FJ 1200 Shiny Black
89 FJ 1200 x 3 Red White Silver
92 XR 250
Life is pretty straight without twisties

X-Ray

(popcorn). I did see a black/gold 1200 on gumflea last night for $1100 neg, looks like it's gone now, was just down the road too. The one for $6000 is still for sale, will be for a while I think.
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

racerrad8

I see that ad is no longer available and is sold.

Don't forget, Rover has my FJ which will be for sale shortly. If anyone knows of anyone interested, let me know.

Looks like a great day was had by all.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

The General

Great day, Great company.

Steve & I ducked into Ken`s and arrived precisely the same time as Harvy.

Ken came out and started polishing...with all that dust on my steed and Harvy`s oxidised plastics, Ken was beside himself.  (though relieved I didn`t bring tha sidecar).
........ he needed counselling, so we sent him back in the kitchen, while we checked out some of his toys. (He left the bottle of polish on the ground, in case we needed it for medicinal purposes!...I believe he has a forum brother in the states with tha same addiction!)

Then Darran turned up with one in tow and for sale!

Had a fantastic Brekky with Kens family. His attention to detail even included aolie on the bacon & cheese brekkie burger.
A real triumph.

Only a half hour away we pulled up in Glenns back Yard.

We checked out his Around Australia ride scheduled for next January, marvelled at his current timber project, (Ultralite aircraft) and settled inta some fun in the shed, while Darran wooed his FJ buyer. (poor guy didn`t stand a chance with fellow owners surrounding him till he handed over the cash.)

(Learned a bit more about carbie synchronising thanks to Darrans gauges and Bones`s tech skills.

Managed to run outa fuel on the way home. (forgot the chook chaser is limited to small paddocks), but she putted away through a mighty storm that had many road racers cowering under bridges.

Here`s a pic of some of our mottly crew.

Many thanks (Voyager) Glenn. (Also Slippery Steve for tha fuel I siphoned outa his Tanks....sorta took the edge off me aolie and bacon breath!)

`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

ken65

noel, im the fat bloke at the back, i didn't see the ring around my little r1 at 1st,you see a lot..
took me a week to make that little thing.  ken

Harvy

Great morning on Saturday thanks Glen..... good to see all you guys again....... roll on March!

Harvy

FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

VOYAGER

Thanks to all who came and you are all very welcome, I would do it again at a drop of a hat ,I had great day myself and I would like to thank my son Jack for helping me to set up and x-ray for helping me to clean up.
oh and thanks Doug for the loan of your air-hawk   :drinks: :hi: 

slipperysteve

Guys, I had a great day. Thanks to theGeneral who got me off my butt. Sorry I didnt offer to suck fuel for you.  Ken, already looking forward to the next time I can wrap my mouth around your toasted buns. Glenn, great setup andexcellent effort with the hospitality. Geez, LB can tell a funny story. Quote of the day, "My missus yelled,' Ya effen d!ckhead, you're on the wrong side of the road!', well I had to get around him".

X-Ray

Quote from: slipperysteve on September 22, 2014, 06:58:43 PM
Geez, LB can tell a funny story. Quote of the day, "My missus yelled,' Ya effen d!ckhead, you're on the wrong side of the road!', well I had to get around him".

Tell ya what. At Jindabyne on both nights LB had us in stitches, he has a great knack for telling stories as they happened etc, lol!!!!!!!!!!   :lol: :lol:
'84 FJ1100 Red/White