News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

S E QLD Manshed Day Sept 2014

Started by X-Ray, August 14, 2014, 01:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

X-Ray

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, with much anticipation it is announced here that our next FJ Manshed Day will be graciously hosted by Glenn, (Voyager), at his sprawling ranch located in Park Ridge South. We have set a date of Saturday Sept 9th, although if this is too soon, Sat Sept 20th is the other option.

Glenn has offered - 4 bay shed, large selection of tools, can dispose of any oil and filters, will supply a bbq with snags and salads. You can bring your own steaks if you wish , He will also supply some light beer and soft drink.

Glenns address is 27 Dalkeith Court Park Ridge South , He is on an acre block so an over night tent site is available and welcome , and yes power is available. If we can get some numbers  organised and confirmation of the preferred date that would be a big help.  So, if you want to pull your sticking forks apart, sync your fluttery carbs, mount that new spin on oil filter, or just sit around and shoot the breeze, BE THERE!          https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/27+Dalkeith+Ct,+Park+Ridge+South+QLD+4125/@-27.7291303,153.0404509,17z/data=    For those that came to the Manshed Day at my place last year, Glenn is 5 mins down the road.

We always have a good time at these days, and we may have another new owner (Stevo) who has just purchased an FJ11 turn up as well hopefully. As usual please reply here and we'll get it on the go,

:good2: :drinks: :good2: :drinks:
Regards
X-Ray

'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

The General

Yahoo! Either date suits me!
Ummmm.....might bring a trailer full of me bits!
:drinks:
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

VOYAGER

Bones

Another Manshed day!!!  :dance2: Love these get togethers but Sept 9th I'll be imitating a beached whale somewhere in Phuket Thailand, :good2: so the 20th would suit me better.

Tony.
93 fj1200
79 suzuki gt250x7

Too young to be old but old enough to know better.

momodasaint

Hi everyone, Steve here, or some call me 'Bender'??. well I put my hand up for any of those dates.I look forward to meeting up with some fellow FJ nuts, well i guess you could call me an FJ 'washer' as i'm not quite qualified to call myself a full 'nut' just yet, hehehe. Well anyway, after my 1100 got warmed up, it would start to miss a bit on accelleration until it got to 2000 rpm then it would take off. as well at idle it sounded like it was running on three cylinders. But then the next day, I'd start it , and it would be fine for a day or two, or until it got really warm. Do you guys know of any temp guage setups available, I do have one of those point and click temp guages that mechanics use, but what part of the engine should I point at  and then what temp . should it be at?   Well anyway, yesterday,  I put a new set of plugs, new oil and filter, it made a difference at idle and start up for sure. And Im pretty sure that I worked out the problem as the plugs were pretty old by the looks.      So, if anything, I'd love to get my front forks done. I guess in the meantime I should get all the seals and stuff for it hey?   Plus if there is anyone good with tuning carbs, or maybe recommending jet size if I were to install the pods from RPM. Also, I am probably going to get the oversize valves from RPM as well as the stainless headers and the rear shock. I will probably geat that part that makes the gear selector alot more noticable.  Gee if I had the money I'd buy...............................................!     Well anyway guys, hope to see ya at the Manshed, ciao, from Bender
My current ride
   XJR1300 SP 2000
My XJR1300 is just like Van Morrison Sings "She's as sweet as Tupolo Honey, Honey baby, from the bee"
 Previous rides
    FJ1100 1984  
    FJ1100 1985
    ZZR600 1995
    ZZR250 1998
    XT250  1990
    YZ125  1994

roverfj1200

Saturday 9th September 2017... Not sure I can plan that far ahead.

(popcorn)
1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.

oz.fj

Quote from: roverfj1200 on August 16, 2014, 04:57:12 PM
Saturday 9th September 2017... Not sure I can plan that far ahead.

(popcorn)

And I thought it was Kenny who had a problem with dates. :sorry:
Saturday 20th September 2014 works for me.
Hey Ken you coming .... Its been a while.
89 FJ 1200 Shiny Black
89 FJ 1200 x 3 Red White Silver
92 XR 250
Life is pretty straight without twisties

X-Ray

Say What? Who told me The 9th was Saturday?. Make it Sat 6TH Sept or the 20th. Will need to decide soon on the date.
Going on the replies so far we might try to lock in the 20th.

Hey Stevo, where abouts in Brisbane are you? Probably a good idea to start with a carb sync and maybe do your forks, (RPM valves, Racetech springs, would probably need the rebuild kit as well). Makes a huge difference. The oil cooler kit and spin on filter mod as well is definatley worth it in our summers, I think I will give you a call,  :biggrin:
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

ken65

gdaY ray, count me in for either day, weather permitting naturally.

ken

X-Ray

Ok everyone, just a small update, we'll make it Sat 20th September. Will give us enough time if anyone needs to order things etc. I'll get confirmed numbers before then so Glenn can arrange the topless barmaids etc  :crazy:
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

Harvy

Not sure if I can make it - may be over in WA for work.....but if I'm in town will be there.

Cheers
Harvy
FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

momodasaint

Hi ray, sorry i missed your call mate. Yeah the 20th is good for me.  If i just wanted to change the fork oil for the moment, do you guys have one of the tools for undoing the top cap of the fork?  if so could you let me know, saves me buying one for now, i will eventually make one but cant seem to find a supplier that has the right size  as they usually go on the inside diameter, yes i did see that 18mm is the size to ask for but even then, depending on who made it, the outside size can be 10mm difference.  I have found a socket online for $20 with a 27mm hex and a 3/4 inch drive. My local tradetools has a KInchrome part that is over $50 for deep impact, but cant seem to find any normal in an actual store.  I guess i'll end up buying the Kinchrome part.  Well anyways,  Ray, to answer your question, I live in Chermside well at the moment.  I feel like a change in lifestyle, so I might be looking at buying some land out woop woop somewhere, ( I bet thats got to be the first time somebodys ever written the words 'woop woop' in a FJ owners forum) and building my own place slowly. well thats the dream anyway. One thing that would be on the top of the list would be to build a decent double garage like a titan or something, that way I'd have a roof over my head while I built the house.  One side I could live in the other side would be decked out in all my tools and a bikestand and maybe a lathe.   So when I win the lotto and  make it happen, you would all be welcome to drop in sometime on your travels.   Well hope to see you guys at the Manshed, adios amigios
My current ride
   XJR1300 SP 2000
My XJR1300 is just like Van Morrison Sings "She's as sweet as Tupolo Honey, Honey baby, from the bee"
 Previous rides
    FJ1100 1984  
    FJ1100 1985
    ZZR600 1995
    ZZR250 1998
    XT250  1990
    YZ125  1994

The General

Quote from: momodasaint on August 16, 2014, 05:27:11 AM
Hi everyone, Steve here, or some call me 'Bender'??. well I put my hand up for any of those dates.I look forward to meeting up with some fellow FJ nuts, well i guess you could call me an FJ 'washer' as i'm not quite qualified to call myself a full 'nut' just yet, hehehe. Well anyway, after my 1100 got warmed up, it would start to miss a bit on accelleration until it got to 2000 rpm then it would take off. as well at idle it sounded like it was running on three cylinders. But then the next day, I'd start it , and it would be fine for a day or two, or until it got really warm. Do you guys know of any temp guage setups available, I do have one of those point and click temp guages that mechanics use, but what part of the engine should I point at  and then what temp . should it be at?   Well anyway, yesterday,  I put a new set of plugs, new oil and filter, it made a difference at idle and start up for sure. And Im pretty sure that I worked out the problem as the plugs were pretty old by the looks.      So, if anything, I'd love to get my front forks done. I guess in the meantime I should get all the seals and stuff for it hey?   Plus if there is anyone good with tuning carbs, or maybe recommending jet size if I were to install the pods from RPM. Also, I am probably going to get the oversize valves from RPM as well as the stainless headers and the rear shock. I will probably geat that part that makes the gear selector alot more noticable.  Gee if I had the money I'd buy...............................................!     Well anyway guys, hope to see ya at the Manshed, ciao, from Bender
Welcome aboard Bender. Sounds like you`ve been lurking awhile, so you`d know what a great lot of blokes play with the FJ (amongst other things!).
I love the name of your Brissie Company. Really looking forward ta catching up with you at Glenn`s place.  :drinks:
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

oz.fj

I'll bring my Monkey made fork cap remover and the morgan carb tune.
See you'll there
Darran
89 FJ 1200 Shiny Black
89 FJ 1200 x 3 Red White Silver
92 XR 250
Life is pretty straight without twisties

ken65

Hey Darran, have you got 4 fj's? I thought you had 3. That makes you a 2 star general.  Lots of generals up your way.  see you on the 20th..

ken