News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Fresh paint again

Started by Joe Sull, December 19, 2014, 11:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantkiller

I'm going to try shortening up the sub frame and seat. So the tail piece is right at the back of the riders portion of the seat. Basically eliminating the passenger portion. For the turbo bike... Going to cut the sub frame of the parts bike to see if it's possible. I have three stock seats a Sargent's and 2 Corbin's for 3 bikes. So I'm going to cut a stock seat pan to see what I can do with that. Probably won't work but. I'm going to see.

I really like what you've done.(I'm not a red kinda guy either) I think the red seat looks good on the bike.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

Mark Olson

Quote from: giantkiller on December 24, 2014, 04:34:54 PM
I'm going to try shortening up the sub frame and seat. So the tail piece is right at the back of the riders portion of the seat. Basically eliminating the passenger portion. For the turbo bike... Going to cut the sub frame of the parts bike to see if it's possible. I have three stock seats a Sargent's and 2 Corbin's for 3 bikes. So I'm going to cut a stock seat pan to see what I can do with that. Probably won't work but. I'm going to see.

I really like what you've done.(I'm not a red kinda guy either) I think the red seat looks good on the bike.

Check the files or mod section I think there is a write up there for shortening sub frame . I think it was T-Roy that did it on an 86.

there are pics in the gallery of it as well..
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

giantkiller

Thanks Mark. Just spent all the time since you posted trying to find it. I have no luck trying to search for stuff. But thanks anyway.
86 fj1350r
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

Mark Olson

Quote from: giantkiller on December 24, 2014, 07:35:33 PM
Thanks Mark. Just spent all the time since you posted trying to find it. I have no luck trying to search for stuff. But thanks anyway.

Yeah , I looked and did not find it either . The Guy who did it was TRoy  and I think it was done before feb 09 so it may be on the old yahoo website.

I did find the 86 fj1200 convertible post that shows the bike.

http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=575.0
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

giantkiller

Thanks Mark I pmd  T-Roy.
86 fj1350r
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed