News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Hallo

Started by JohanH, September 21, 2014, 02:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohanH

Hi there, new to the site and loving it. Got a '86 FJ1200 a week ago after 14 years without 2 wheels. i will be using this site on a regular basis as a lot of work is needed to get my baby up to standard.

FJmonkey

Welcome fellow 86' owner. Where in the world are you? Just asking for general info, if you are in SoCal then we can plan a ride.... What else have you owned/ridden?
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

movenon

Welcome John !  :hi:  I can relate to the layoff of riding and then back on.  It never go's away.  :good2:   As mentioned where are you located ?  Sometimes there are members close by for rides and to help with maintenance issues.  Lots of good help here.  Ask questions as you go it is a lot cheaper and can save frustration.  Some of the members have owned there FJ's since new and the depth of knowledge and opinions is great.  :good2:
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

charleygofast

Welcome! Ask questions and dig deep you can find it here.The wealth of FJ knowledge here is amazing and vast. Enjoy your comeback and your "new to you"86.          Cheers.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Charley.        :hi: 
1984 Yamaha FJ 1100
1981 Yamaha XS 650
1985 Suzuki SP 600F
1979 Yamaha XS 1100                                                                      2015 Kawasaki KLR 650

JohanH

Quote from: movenon on September 21, 2014, 07:41:10 PM
Welcome John !  :hi:  I can relate to the layoff of riding and then back on.  It never go's away.  :good2:   As mentioned where are you located ?  Sometimes there are members close by for rides and to help with maintenance issues.  Lots of good help here.  Ask questions as you go it is a lot cheaper and can save frustration.  Some of the members have owned there FJ's since new and the depth of knowledge and opinions is great.  :good2:
George

Unfortunately George I'm in South Africa , Pretoria. I am taking of the carbs tomorrow for a good clean. Bike does not build up revs,

FJmonkey

I could send you a set of stock wheels from my 86', just not sure if the postage will be more than its worth.... I also do not endorse the stock wheel set up, 16" really sucks for good tire choices... Now that I have 17" front and back I am quite happy with the rubber between my bike and the road...

movenon

Quote from: JohanH on September 23, 2014, 02:27:47 PM
Quote from: movenon on September 21, 2014, 07:41:10 PM
George

Unfortunately George I'm in South Africa , Pretoria. I am taking of the carbs tomorrow for a good clean. Bike does not build up revs,

Check here there are a couple of FJ riders in S Africa.  You can click on there name and PM them?   

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=724879#

George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

JohanH

Quote from: FJmonkey on September 21, 2014, 04:50:39 PM
Welcome fellow 86' owner. Where in the world are you? Just asking for general info, if you are in SoCal then we can plan a ride.... What else have you owned/ridden?
Hi, I started of with a Yamaha Xj750 then moved on to a Kawasaki z1000 ,Suzuki Gsxr 1100 presling and a suzuki Gsxr 400 GK73 14 years ago before the FJ.

FJmonkey

Quote from: JohanH on September 24, 2014, 06:23:27 AM
Quote from: FJmonkey on September 21, 2014, 04:50:39 PM
Hi, I started of with a Yamaha Xj750 then moved on to a Kawasaki z1000 ,Suzuki Gsxr 1100 presling and a suzuki Gsxr 400 GK73 14 years ago before the FJ.

Sounds good, I hope you stick around and enjoy the fun and knowledge we share with the world wide FJ group.