News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

new Aussie owner

Started by road_zombie, September 23, 2014, 07:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

road_zombie

Hi everyone Rusty here from north east vic up near Mount Buffalo.

after a few year away from bikes  farm wife kids divorce new wife :) l am now the new owner of a 88 FJ1200 it was a 1 family 2 owner bike bike owned by 2 brothers who are now in there 60's so this was rebuilt and left sit with the odd starting over the last 18 months.

so after 60 odd bikes from xs250's, xs650's, specials, tt 500's, xt250's,  t500, z9, cb750's, boldor's, wla, ZX10, xr250r, z550, vr1000, rd350,  and some great XS11's, l now have a FJ lets hope its as good as my old XS11

if your ever up this way call in for a coffee or beer ride safe n stay upright
cheers Rusty

movenon

Welcome Rusty ! Great to have you here. Your story fits a known profile here. It is a great group and the OZ members are very active. You will probably be hearing from them soon.  Please don't hesitate to ask questions or give some input from your experience.  The FJ was sold for over 10 years around the world so there is a lot of expertise here.
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

The General

:hi: Welcome Rusty. A lot of us were down your way in March for our annual get together. Here`s some pics http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=9788.120

What a fantastic area for the FJ. You`ll find a lot of parochial ozzie posts under "Down under Topics". (Home page & scroll down a bit)

Your old XS11 was one hell of an over engineered ultra reliable rocket. The FJ has kept that theme and added some grunt. (just need a little oil on the chain now & Then)

I`m in QLD but just might take you up on that coffee in the next year or so.

Don`t forget to register your whereabouts on zeemaps (http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=10618.0)

...it`d be great if you can make it to next year`s Rally in Grafton.  :drinks:
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

ribbert

Welcome Rusty, you live a great part of the state to own a bike, in fact, probably the best part. I get up your way a couple of times a year, Autumn and Spring and spend 4 days riding the area. Buffalo, Falls, Hotham. Always spend one night at the Blue Duck Inn at Anglers Rest and another in Bright. The Keiwa Valley, Granya Gap, Mitta Mitta valley and pretty much any other road up that way I reckon is THE best riding in the country, and as you would know, no traffic. You have the roads to yourself.
You're a luck man living in Gods own country and owning a bike to make the most of it.

I think you will find the FJ a way better mount than your trusty old XS1100, especially with the roads up there.

Anything you need to know about the FJ is here.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

ken65

G'day Rusty, welcome from another banana bender.

ken

road_zombie

Harvy

G'day Rusty - you will be so glad you bought an FJ.
I was down your way a couple of years ago - did a run from Warragul to Hotham, started heading down the other side and the road was closed (cleaning up after the fires) so turned around and went up over Falls Creek and then on to Wagga for the night - big day that one!

Enjoy mate
Harvy
FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

FJmonkey

Welcome Rusty, happy to have you on board. The FJ is a happy ship with a lot of really good crew members and passengers. And that is a SHIP load of good news for you....
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

mr blackstock

G'day Rusty,

welcome to the board, everything you need to know about FJ's is here, and some things you don't want to know...
Great source of parts:
     http://www.rpmracingca.com/products.asp?cat=39
The owner is also an active member, lots of advice too.

Closer to home:
    http://yamaha-parts.victordrummond.net/fj1100-fj1200-parts
The owner is also an FJ nut.  Both suppliers offer great prices and quick delivery.

cheers, Gareth
Squeaky wheels always get the grease...

Yamaha FJ1100 1985

roverfj1200

Everyone seems to have given you the low down so I will just say Gidday....
:good2: :good2: :good2:
1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.