News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

anxiously waiting the arrival of my '86 fj1200

Started by fjfool, September 30, 2014, 05:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fjfool

well, this is the tough part
i am in the mountains of colorado and the fj i just paid for is in Louisiana
its this one:

http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=12243.0

she sure looks like a beauty, gonna have to wait a couple of weeks till the shipper gets it here
i have done this once before-waiting is hell!

truth is, i just sent $2500 to a complete stranger, and another $650 on motorcycle shipping based on this stranger doing what he said he was going to do
i'm pretty damn freaked out!
wish me luck with this transaction please

fjfool

sorry, that was a poor introduction
my name is Eric, i live in a small bedroom community about 30 miles west of Vail, CO,  -Gypsum
loved bikes when i was growing up-parents hated them, so i never had one
when i turned 18 i bought a junker Nighthawk, it lasted about a month before she gave life up on this planet
20 years later and i finally bought my childhood dream bike- a Kenny Roberts RZ350
i went nuts with that bike, great mods and it endedup just beautiful, liked it so much i bought another one to rebuild
and like so many others , i regret selling that bike , the first one, the thought of it still tears at my soul
we all make regretable desicions, me just more than most
rebuit an RD350, and a Kawi S3(400cc triple 2stroke)
in the meantime i got into a 89 FZR400(i still have)
a 2012 GSXR750
and a frankin-bike, ex race bike i bought with a blown motor-FZR400 with a 600 motor i just finished it after 2 years of fiddling with it
that was a complete nut and bolt and motor rebuild restoration
i am hoping the new FJ will not be such the project- clean the carbs, do the brakes, and fiddle with the other usual issues these bikes have- as i go thru the forum i see some things that will need attention- concerned about the fuel run/reserve soliniod- im sure plenty of other things will show their face soon enough
sure looks like a good one to start with

i might like to post pics of my other bikes but, im not sure where the correct place on the forum is

cheers,
eric

movenon

Welcome Eric !  Let us know how your FJ comes out after you get it.  I would suggest to take this time and read through the files section and scan through the past threads to get a feel for what to look for on the bike. Ask questions as they come up. It is a lot cheaper that way and there isn't much that someone here can't help you with when it comes to the FJ.  I think you will be happy with that particular FJ. :good2: :good2:
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

Sabre093

Not long after I post Sir Mr Monkey will congratulate you on the 86 as he's our head ambulance rider..I run a 86 and just picked up a 87 last week..alot to learn here ask and I'm sure someone will show you in right direction..RPM for all your parts and the Modding. ..my favourite!! Pic and keep in touch welcome from the Great White North
Sabre093
2009 FJR 1300
1992 FJ 1200
1987 FJ 1200 Sold
1986 FJ 1200 Sold
1985 Venture Royale
1976 GoldWing
1986 FZ 750
1986 GPZ 900
1984 Honda Nighthawk S 750
1982 Honda Nighthawk 450

Mike 86 in San Dimas

Welcome and enjoy! I like that model myself.
Mike

FJmonkey

Quote from: Sabre093 on September 30, 2014, 08:58:11 PM
Not long after I post Sir Mr Monkey will congratulate you on the 86 as he's our head ambulance rider..I run a 86 and just picked up a 87 last week..alot to learn here ask and I'm sure someone will show you in right direction..RPM for all your parts and the Modding. ..my favourite!! Pic and keep in touch welcome from the Great White North
Sabre093

Fin'g Funny and true,  :pardon: I am the 86' ambassador and Red Power Ranger....  I am sure I have earned a few other monikers behind the posts... Never mind the chaff, welcome to the fold...
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

fj1289

Welcome !  Can't wait to see what you do with your full blown case of moditis already!

fjfool

magge52

Wow, nice stable you got there fjfool (more like yamahafool)! I started motorcycle life on a 72 R5 I bought as a leftover in 73. Loved the 2-stroke wail with the baffles out.  :wacko3: Looks like you got ahold a good FJ. The ambulances have become my fav color scheme. Tons of good info here from many knowledgeable owners, a lot that have owned theirs since new. I've only had mine since this spring but 4500 miles later and I'm hooked. I hope you get some seat time before winter sets in.
George
92 FJ1200/abs
97 Duc 900ss/sp
75 Norton

novaraptor

Welcome aboard.. Always good to keep the bikes inside the fjowners family..
1990 FJ1200
Ride fast, live free... I forget the rest...

aviationfred

Welcome to the group.  :hi:

Some members prefer to keep their FJ's stock and others have caught the in-curable disease, Moditus.

Ask any question you can think of and someone here will have probably done it or tried it.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

motogp52

Nice collection!  Like you I hate to let go of any beautiful motorcycle and have a few two wheeled rides myself.   :good: There's at least a handful of FJ forum members here in Colorado, shoot me a message if your ever on the Metro front range and let's go ride!  I think your really going to love the FJ, especially in red/white!

Barry
The quality of thought is only as good as the quality of language used.

Current FJ's                            Past FJ's
1984 FJ1100                          1985 FJ1100
1986 FJ1200                          1987 FJ1200
1989 FJ1200 Midnight blue      1992 FJ1200
1989 FJ1200 White/Silver

charleygofast

welcome! nice stable of sweet Yamahas , love thatRZ! Youre gonna enjoy that 86... shes been on the forum for a while...patience is a virtue they say...itll be worth the wait! You are in good company here my friend, I'm sure you allready know this.                                                                                                                                Cheers! :hi:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Charley.
1984 Yamaha FJ 1100
1981 Yamaha XS 650
1985 Suzuki SP 600F
1979 Yamaha XS 1100                                                                      2015 Kawasaki KLR 650