News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

The Dreaded Head Shake

Started by motohorseman, October 21, 2014, 12:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

movenon

Quote from: motohorseman on October 23, 2014, 05:42:41 PM
I like the ideal of going LED's everywhere. And the volt meter!

If anyone is interested, I have a few of those powerlet outlet's somewhere.

I could get a count and a delivered price - deal of the day!

Burns comment about reading the LED has merit.  I do have a hard time in some light conditions but it is not a prime gauge to watch and depends probably where you mount it.  I am just using a cheap digital volt display off flea bay.  I like analog meters but my experience with other bikes is that they don't seem to hold up as long due to what I assume is vibration.  But they are also in expensive to replace and in the end it doesn't matter. Its the information you are after.

A while back because I had a volt meter,  I observed over a short period of time the charging voltage at 15 volts and then 15.1 and then 15.2 which told me that my regulator was malfunctioning.  I was able to fix it before it did any damage.   Also you can judge your battery condition some what by observing the charging voltage. 
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

Burns

the marine instruments seem to hold up better.  I'm a bit red/green color blind (and about half-blind any way) so this may be more of an issue for me than others.  An ammeter needle position is a LOT easier to catch at a glance.
There's nothing you can do that can't be done.

motohorseman

I have three of the Powerlet Military Style Outlets that I'll offer up to members of the forum for a very low cost.

If you're interested, let me know
Steve

motohorseman

Quote from: motohorseman on October 25, 2014, 07:02:36 AM
I have three of the Powerlet Military Style Outlets that I'll offer up to members of the forum for a very low cost.

If you're interested, let me know

These will ship boxed and I'll send them to Australia, one would be $15.00 delivered.

US, $5.00 delivered for one.

I think that's a low cost  :wacko2:
Steve

Country Joe

That is a very good price for those. I bought a plastic one a few months ago, paid $6.00 IIRC. I bought a plugin digital voltmeter at the same time. I hadn't installed it before my crash, I really didn't see any place to mount it that I was really happy with. Now I just have to decide where to build and mount a bracket for the plug socket.
Joe
1993 FJ 1200

motohorseman

I'm leaning towards this one, if there is a place it fits - If so, need to decide color of LED...

Steve

Pat Conlon

If I could get a digital led combo display that does both volts and oil temp, I would find a place to fit it...
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

movenon

Quote from: Country Joe on October 25, 2014, 10:16:28 AM
That is a very good price for those. I bought a plastic one a few months ago, paid $6.00 IIRC. I bought a plugin digital voltmeter at the same time. I hadn't installed it before my crash, I really didn't see any place to mount it that I was really happy with. Now I just have to decide where to build and mount a bracket for the plug socket.
Joe

Here is a concept.

George

1990 FJ 1200

Steve_in_Florida

Quit showin' off, George!

Actually, you have to appreciate the amount of work and attention to detail that is represented in your bike. Very professional!

Steve

Quote from: movenon on October 25, 2014, 02:08:02 PM

Here is a concept.

George
`90 FJ-1200
`92 FJ-1200

IBA # 54823

movenon

Thanks Steve,  but it wasn't meant to show off.  It was just meant to throw out an idea.  I have since added a small LCD oil temp monitor.  I am waiting until the next oil change to install the temp sender in the pan.
George

1990 FJ 1200

motohorseman

Steve