Previous topic - Next topic

Bminder

Billy Minder
92 FJ1200 ABS

Bminder

Quote from: motohorseman on October 24, 2014, 12:30:30 PM
Quote from: Bminder on October 24, 2014, 12:22:56 PM
You reap what you sow.

We've all seen some truly evil POS do very, very well for themselves in the business world.

They keep taking advantage of and abusing people and keep moving ahead in their quest for money and power.

Time for me to STFU.....

No, you're right. I see it happen too.
But the day ain't over yet, and no one escapes the Law of the Harvest - You reap what you sow.
Their day is comin'.
Billy Minder
92 FJ1200 ABS

FJ_Hooligan

Quote from: motohorseman on October 24, 2014, 04:45:27 AM
Someone once told me that is you mention it, it does not count.

What was "karma" becomes "brag" and mentioned this makes me a "rag" or something along those lines

You're right, I was bragging.  It was a very nice feeling to help a younger and obviously more inexperienced rider.  I could tell he was grateful for his chance encounter and I was more than happy to share my knowledge and equipment to help him out of a bad and potentially expensive situation.

Just thought I would share those feelings.  But maybe not...
DavidR.

Burns

brag, rag, drag.

don't be trollish children.
There's nothing you can do that can't be done.

motohorseman

Quote from: FJ_Hooligan on October 24, 2014, 05:36:26 PM

What was "karma" becomes "brag" and mentioned this makes me a "rag" or something along those lines

You're right, I was bragging.  It was a very nice feeling to help a younger and obviously more inexperienced rider.  I could tell he was grateful for his chance encounter and I was more than happy to share my knowledge and equipment to help him out of a bad and potentially expensive situation.

Just thought I would share those feelings.  But maybe not...

Maybe, maybe not, we're human.

Try this experiment.

Give without questioning why you give, whatever it is, like you have already proven you can do.

But say nothing to anyone, and thank who or whatever you want for being able to do whatever it was you did.

And wait.

See if you experience that same good karma mutliplied many times over, and be grateful.

Repeat

:)

It's good

Read nothing to the contrary into it, my apologies if I offended you.

I'm far from being anywhere close to perfect.....
Steve

simi_ed

David, good job!  No bragging perceived on this end.

Ed
-- RKBA Regards,

Ed
===
Ed Thiele 
Simi Valley, CA -- I no longer have SoCal manners.
'89 FJ12C (Theft deterrent Silver/White)

- All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for
enough good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

FJ_Hooligan

Quote from: motohorseman on October 24, 2014, 06:27:28 PM
Maybe, maybe not, we're human.

Try this experiment.

Give without questioning why you give, whatever it is, like you have already proven you can do.

But say nothing to anyone, and thank who or whatever you want for being able to do whatever it was you did.

And wait.

See if you experience that same good karma mutliplied many times over, and be grateful.

Repeat

:)

It's good

Read nothing to the contrary into it, my apologies if I offended you.

I'm far from being anywhere close to perfect.....

DavidR.

ribbert

:mocking:

By making this point, aren't you assuming the moral high ground and therefore bragging yourself? :biggrin:

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

ken65

Good onya FJ, these days a lot of people won't even give you the time of day.

This young fella will tell his mates the story how the older bloke fixed his flat tyre with the blink of an eye.

He might go and buy a kit like yours and one day he may be able to fix some ones flat tyre. Just like you did for him.

ken

scotiafj

Quote from: ken65 on October 24, 2014, 11:51:23 PM
Good onya FJ, these days a lot of people won't even give you the time of day.

This young fella will tell his mates the story how the older bloke fixed his flat tyre with the blink of an eye.

He might go and buy a kit like yours and one day he may be able to fix some ones flat tyre. Just like you did for him.

ken

Exactly..  We are all brothers of the road no matter what we ride I'd always stop for another biker ... :yes:

motohorseman

Quote from: ribbert on October 24, 2014, 10:59:47 PM

:mocking:

By making this point, aren't you assuming the moral high ground and therefore bragging yourself? :biggrin:

Noel

Noel, it does not matter what I think. And if that is what you want to assume, you have that right, for sure.

Just as I have the right to quote Johnny Cash, may be rest in peace -

:blum1:
Steve

Bminder

Harley riders don't wave.
I wonder what Karma thinks about that.
Billy Minder
92 FJ1200 ABS

motohorseman

Quote from: Bminder on October 25, 2014, 10:02:54 AM
Harley riders don't wave.
I wonder what Karma thinks about that.

We (wife, kids) used to ride scooters all around - St. Joe is a slow, mid-western town without a lot of traffic.

Honda Metropolitan's, 1st generation, water-cooled - and my son, a Ruckus.

Great fun.

I'll never forget, one Harley rider went out of his way to flip me off.

Probably the only time he was on the faster bike and able to get away......
Steve

FJmonkey

This Karma thing is a little confusing. Doing good now pays off in a future existence http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma. I like the concept, in fact I find it motivating. But since I am in the present time and place, I like to think that doing good to others is more like a "Pay It Forward" plan. Telling others that you did a favor and helped a fellow rider is just one more way to encourage others to do the same. Doing good things and helping others needs a stronger marketing team, a better sales push, more membership!!! I don't care who gets the credit, just do the right thing when you are at task.... When in doubt, help out....
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

aviationfred

Very well said Monkey. Each and every one of us has to put yourself in the position the guy that hooligan helped. We can not expect to get a helping hand from 90% of cager drivers. We HAVE to look out for each other, regardless of whether the rider is on an FJ, Sportbike, Harley, or Japanese cruiser.

Here is a situation that I helped with coming home from this years Central FJ Rally. I saw a couple of sport bikes sitting on the shoulder of the  highway and the riders were all grouped around one bike. I pulled over to see if they needed any assistance. The riders had been stopped by the police and one rider kept his documents under the passenger seat. Upon putting everything back under the seat, he had dropped his key with the documents and latched the seat down. I offered the use of tools that i had and they were able to get into the tail section too retrieve the key.

As in the opening post. The riders were all in their early 20's and IMO no cager was going to stop to help any sport bike riders. Just as I got there they were ready to call a tow truck to haul the bike back home. They were saved a $100.00 and the possibility of the tow truck damaging the bike.

This story is not to brag of my good deed. It is to remind each of us that WE LOOK OUT FOR EACH OTHER, and help with whatever we have the ability to do.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor