News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Hello from Ireland

Started by MOTOMYSZOR, October 26, 2014, 06:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOTOMYSZOR

Hi All.

I would like to say hallo to every "FJ-train" riders from this forum!!!

Originally I am Polish, but currently I am living in Ireland (ROI). Life.....
So sometimes I will give You great laugh with my English :blum1:

My FJ1200 ABS was born 1991 and after few looong miles she came to me. In -let say- like lady after all night party condition.  :wacko3:
But I am happy to carry ,,modification" virus and I hope in short time ($$$ time) I will make her better than ever.

We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About

fj johnnie

Tiger

:hi: Gratulacje and Witam ... welcome to the crazy gang headquarters.

Lots to read to help you with your FJ and a lot of great people here that will answer any questions you may have from time to time :good2:

Enjoy  :drinks:

John.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in an attractive & well preserved body...but rather to slide in sideways, body completely worn out and and with your last dying breath screaming, "HOOOYA LIFE, lets try that again"!!!

movenon

Welcome and don't worry about your English just enjoy.  1991 is a nice year. The old FJ is an easy bike to work on and parts are pretty plentiful considering there age.  :drinks:
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

FJmonkey

Welcome to the group, communicate as best you can and we will, in turn, do the same. I hope your FJ will give you many years of enjoyment like mine has. Kookalooo brother....
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

charleygofast

Welcome! Alot of info here and questions answered that will help you "modify" and better understand your FJ. Beautifull country Ireland, are you putting miles on that '91 or are you bringing her back to life?                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Cheers!   :drinks:                                                                                                                                                                                                             Charley.                                                                                                                                                                                                             
1984 Yamaha FJ 1100
1981 Yamaha XS 650
1985 Suzuki SP 600F
1979 Yamaha XS 1100                                                                      2015 Kawasaki KLR 650

MOTOMYSZOR

Quote from: charleygofast on October 26, 2014, 10:56:40 AM
Welcome! Alot of info here and questions answered that will help you "modify" and better understand your FJ. Beautifull country Ireland, are you putting miles on that '91 or are you bringing her back to life?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

I own FJ for month.....
So far I removed and checked swingarm, rear linkage and suspension, also fixed ABS but I plan remove it..... I checked carbs. Now I wait for shim tool. And between those small jobs I have time to short trips around.
Also I wait for delivery with CBR mirrors, Oil temperature gauge, voltmeter and sprockets. I have 18/38 sprocket ratio and I don't like it.
For big jobs such as starter chain replacement will be time later......

FJmonkey

Quote from: MOTOMYSZOR on October 26, 2014, 01:06:04 PM
I own FJ for month.....
So far I removed and checked swingarm, rear linkage and suspension, fixed ABS but I plan remove it. I checked carbs. Now I wait for shim tool. And between those small jobs I have time to short trips around.
Also I wait for delivery with CBR mirrors, Oil temperature gauge, voltmeter and sprockets. I have 18/38 sprocket ratio and I don't like it.
For big jobs such as starter chain replacement will be time later......

Sounds like you are off to a good start. sorry you don't like the 18/38 gear (that is what I currently run) but you need to be happy with your FJ, so try changing the front to the stock 17T sprocket. It will cost less and give you about a 3 tooth change at the rear. You will get a little more punch off the line and higher RPMs at cruising speeds.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

aviationfred

Quote from: MOTOMYSZOR on October 26, 2014, 06:15:48 AM
Hi All.

I would like to say hallo to every "FJ-train" riders from this forum!!!

Originally I am Polish, but currently I am living in Ireland (ROI). Life.....
So sometimes I will give You great laugh with my English :blum1:

after few looong miles she came to me. In -let say- like lady after all night party condition.  :wacko3:

Welcome to the group,  :hi:

Did your FJ come with a Hang over (engine running issues) :bad:, or Stumbled home with bruised knees, (bodywork issues) :hang1:??

Ask questions for things that you need help.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

MOTOMYSZOR

Quote from: aviationfred on October 29, 2014, 01:36:27 PM
Welcome to the group,  :hi:
Did your FJ come with a Hang over (engine running issues) :bad:, or Stumbled home with bruised knees, (bodywork issues) :hang1:??
Ask questions for things that you need help.
Fred

I would say that maybe not hang over (not much) but this girl had to come back home, after few shots in night club...... across combat field.....  :biggrin:

I just finished checking valve clearance.  I will need 9 shims  :dash1:
Would You recommend for me some shop with good prices and reasonable postage?

MOTOMYSZOR

All sorted.... awaiting for postman.....
I want move to America.... only there is no problem with half size shims.....  :i_am_so_happy:
And prices are low. My local shop: 12€ or 15$ each shim and awaiting time minimum week.  :dash1:
eBay - 8,7$ each shim plus 6$ postage......

racerrad8

Randy - RPM