just trying to get used to this new board.  To introduce myself

Personal:  Bikes    1990 FJ 1200
                         1989 750 Virago
                         2004 Road King Trike

male age 58
                         Divorced
                         Daughters are all married (3)
                         Live in Lenox, Iowa

Retired (??????) motorcycle windshield engraver, mostly on Gold Wings and did shows throughout the US.  Sometimes Ride to long.

gradice

G'day Mate & welcome,

Is there a first name to go with the info ???
Graham in OZ...
92 FJ1200 ABS.

freespiriteng

I guess I forgot to add my name,  Joe G. also known as Free Spirit

racerman_27410

welcome to the group Free!  ;D

we always have room for a free spirit around here!

KOokaloo!

Frank

Yamifj1200

Welcome Joe, I hope you enjoy your stay here. It's the great place to find FJ information and meet like minded folks..

Eric M

http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=14833.0

"All unattended children will be served an espresso and given a puppy"

Mark Olson

welcome to the group Joe, this forum is plenty cool , great people and info.
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

Davetammy

G'day Joe,waddya know?:)Mate do you have any photo's of your work that you could post for us all to have a gander at?What sort of work was it,and what sort of themes?Cheers mate and welcome,Dave.
FJ1200/92 Hayabusa1300/2007

freespiriteng

Will try to get some pics up.  The themes were just about everything.  Mostly eagles, wildlife, Native American, but also dragons, wizards, roses, Christian, you name it.  Here is a link to my web page that I never completed updating (illness that forced the retirement)  http://freespiritengravedar.tripod.com/  It still is up but in need of being updated.

Have a good day and thanks for the interest.

Joe

Davetammy

G'day again Joe,mate that work is awesome,it really is.You have a rare talent there,I hope you haven't been completely stopped from doing it by your medical problems.There are some really beautiful engravings on the site,if you have more photo's of your work please put them in our gallery so we can all apreciate it.Mate,like I said,you really do have a rare taent,to be able to make it seem that there is movement in the engravings,that the animals are still going somewhere,excellent stuff.Thank's for sharing with us,Dave.
FJ1200/92 Hayabusa1300/2007

racerman_27410

JOe,

man thats some nice work..... took me awhile to get to the gallery but wow......very nice!

this buck on the glass door is completely kick ass

sorry i borrowed the image off your website.

KOokaloo!

Frank

Dan Filetti

Joe-

I've done RAGBRAI a couple of times, what an absolute hoot of an event your state/ the Register puts on each year.  It's been a while but I'll be back.

Funny story: 

My buddy Don and I decided to do Ragbrai 94 so we shipped our bicycles to Council Bluffs and rode our motorcycles out to Eastern IA (Iowa City) (me on my K75 him on his [had been mine] Maxim 550.  Good times!  Well, anyway, we get into IA, to a little town south of Fairfield, small town.  So we had been riding for hours, so, naturally we wanted a beer.  We walk into the only bar in town, Don goes to the head and he asks me to order us a couple of beers...  So I belly up,
...and the B-tender says "what'llyahave?"

I say, I'd like "a couple of good beers"

He says, "huh? good beers, they're all pretty good"

I say, "good point, I'm looking for a stout, or a pilsner..."

He says, (doing his level headed best not to sneer) "Son, you're in Iowa.  We got Bud, and Bud Light.  Which one do you want?"

"Bud please"

Still makes me smile today.

Welcome!

Dan
Live hardy, or go home.