News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

thunder ace rear on an 86

Started by petefj1200, November 25, 2014, 04:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefj1200

Hi, I wanted to share a recent modification I have made with the help of this forum.
I have grafted on a thunder ace swing arm and rear wheel to my 86 model 1200.
The information on this site was excellent and I found a great link to a mods site that filled in any gaps. All the information I have read so far involves late model frames and shocks. I wanted to share wwhat has worked really well for me.
I have an 86 shock and dog bones of a 90 model the lower bracket of the 86. It all went together perfectly. The rear end is raised slightly giving me more ground clearance and the rear suspension works much better. The best result from a modification ever. Hope this helps someone else out there

FJmonkey

Pete, I am doing a similar upgrade but with an 89 swing arm. I would like to see pics of how you connected the shock and what length the dog bones needed to be. Here is a link to my recent post on this.

http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=12878.0

Any information would be helpful, thank you in advance.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

The General

Anu Pics Pete? Where ya from mate?
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

FJools

Hi Pete

I just bought this lot from a Thunderace with the intention of fitting it into my '92 come next winter.

Looking forward to seeing some more of your changes.

Jools
Still thinking of something..................