News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

New FJ owner in Bay Area

Started by andybm3, November 29, 2014, 03:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andybm3

All - thx for your comments and look forward to meeting you on a ride.

Fred - I really like the color combo, plus I wanted an 89 for all the upgrades they did that year (17" rim, front brakes, firmer springs, new style fairing etc.)

Randy - will give you a call, I ordered a bunch of parts from you over the weekend. Like I said earlier the cosmetics are really good, but things like fork seals, master cylinders (clutch leaks) and brake seals/pads have seen better days, will try to do some myself as its therapeutic. Once therapy is done will probably have you guys do the other stuff.

andyoutandabout

Welcome to the group that is so much more than the sum of its parts. I was in your position 9 years ago - new to America and new to the Fj. Both concerns are going swimmingly to this very day.
Wait till the rain passes and we can go for a ride.
Andy
life without a bike is just life

ZOA NOM

Hit me up! I'll ride with you, and I know the way to RPM!
Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

andybm3

Dropped off the beast with Randy on Monday. Have decided to have him do the work instead of myself, I figured he knows these things inside out and I could see the bike still in pieces a year from now if I did it. Along with the repairs and deferred maintenance, have decided to get all the goodies (shock, exhaust etc.), the will have a real good rider. Randy has been great :)

ZOA NOM

Sweet! We gotta get rid of this rain soon.
Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

Flynt

Quote from: andybm3 on December 24, 2014, 08:04:16 PM
Dropped off the beast with Randy on Monday

Great move...  you're in for a real treat when she comes back.

Frank
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...