News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

FJ reborn

Started by Stickman, January 25, 2015, 02:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stickman

Hi All,

I've had my '84 FJ1100 for 26 years, but it hasn't run in probably 8-9. I am doing a restoration on it this winter so as to have it ready for riding this spring.

It has about 56K on it but still ran strong when it was parked. Basically I stopped riding it because it needed a new starter and didn't want to mess with it.

Hopefully it will be running again next weekend.

I'm very glad I found this forum. :good2:
1984 FJ1100

cclase

Hi and welcome Stickman!  Glad to hear you've decided to get your FJ back up and running!  You're in the right place for resources to assist your restoration effort!  Where do you hail from?  Got any pics you can post?  Love to see the works in progress!  Welcome again and good luck,

Chris
1985 FJ1100

Stickman

Looks like I forgot to fill in my profile. I'm from Yakima, in eastern Washington State, the dry side of Washington.

I'll post some pics soon.
1984 FJ1100

cclase

1985 FJ1100

movenon

Welcome from over here in Idaho. One nice thing about the FJ's they are pretty easy to fix.  Starter is easy.  Lots of them on E bay. You can upgrade to the later 4 brush model seeing as you will need to buy one.  If you can give some thought to attending a rally someday. Let us know if you need any help.  :drinks:
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

Stickman

A rally is definitely in the cards. I have a spouse that (after 18+ years!) has expressed an interest in riding. So, hopefully, things will go that direction!
1984 FJ1100

aviationfred

Welcome to the forum  :hi:

It is great that you are resurrecting your FJ after a long slumber. There are a few members that are original owners of 1100's. If you get stumped with anything, or have questions, just ask.

There are 2 rally's this year that are not extremely far from you. The last weekend of May is the West Coast Rally, it will be held in the Sierra's south of Lake Tahoe. And the following weekend is the Central Rally in the Black Hills of South Dakota. There are threads for both in the Rally section for exact details.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

Stickman

I'm the second owner of this one, bought it from the original owner in 1989. Hopefully it will be working well enough for a rally by May.

In any case it gives me a deadline of sorts!
1984 FJ1100

FJmonkey

Welcome Jim, you found the best place to get advise and support for your FJ. Looking forward to seeing you at the WCR.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Stickman

Thanks! I will start a thread with pictures when the time comes.
1984 FJ1100