News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Hello from Bulgaria!

Started by Nikolay Ivanov, February 24, 2015, 03:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolay Ivanov

Hi guys! My name is Nikolay Ivanov and I'm from Bulgaria  :bye:  About one year ago I bought my fj1100 and till now I had only maintenance problems. I hope after two or three months will take a ride for first time  :yes:  I have reаd a lot of useful information here so want to say "Thank you" to all members of this forum!

PS: Please, excuse my bad english  :blush:
The more I learn about people, the more I like pigs

FJmonkey

Welcome Nikolay, your English is better than some here with English as their first language. Happy you could join us and find helpful info here on the forum. Enjoy our digital campfire...
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

movenon

Welcome Nikolay  :good2:.  Glad you find the site useful. Don't worry about your English. You are doing fine. If we can help you let us know.
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

Nikolay Ivanov

First I want to ask if there a site or else where I can find correct information for my bike? For example I had one car Nissan micra and found a site where I wrote the VIN number and the site gave me all information about the car like exact model, year of manifacture, eguipment, specs....etc. Is there something similar for FJ?

FJmonkey

Not exactly what you are looking for, but it something to look at.

http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=13337.15;topicseen#top

The specs are easy to get, just Google "fj1100" or "fj1200 specs"

Nikolay Ivanov

This is interesting, I'll check it tomorrow (here is two o'clock AM now) thank you for fast answer and have a nice day!!!

FJmonkey

Quote from: Nikolay Ivanov on February 24, 2015, 06:00:29 PM
This is interesting, I'll check it tomorrow (here is two o'clock AM now) thank you for fast answer and have a nice day!!!

Happy to help.

red

Quote from: Nikolay Ivanov on February 24, 2015, 04:57:44 PMFirst I want to ask if there a site or else where I can find correct information for my bike? For example I had one car Nissan micra and found a site where I wrote the VIN number and the site gave me all information about the car like exact model, year of manifacture, eguipment, specs....etc. Is there something similar for FJ?
Nikolay,

Welcome to this crazy place.    :hi:   

Make a Google search for the key words

Yamaha VIN decoder

and you will get several choices.  Some sites are not very good, but some sites may be helpful.

Cheers,
Red
Cheers,
Red

P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.

Nikolay Ivanov

Yesterday was my first ride  :yahoo: Here is my beauty  :wacko1:

charleygofast

Good lookin FJ! Hows she run? Welcome  :hi:
1984 Yamaha FJ 1100
1981 Yamaha XS 650
1985 Suzuki SP 600F
1979 Yamaha XS 1100                                                                      2015 Kawasaki KLR 650

Capn Ron

WOW!  Are those factory colors??  I like it, but my brain just can't process an FJ1100 that isn't red/white/silver!!!  CAN NOT COMPUTE    :wacko3:
Cap'n Ron. . .

There are two types of people in the world...Those who put people into categories...and those who don't.

Nikolay Ivanov

Those are factory collors  :yahoo:  Here is only missing the part which is down near the exaust pipes because I had just change the oil. The past owner of the bike has made custom parts which connect that missing part beside exaust pipes with upper parts (I'm sorry that I don't know the exact name in english of the parts but here we don't have an english/bulgarian dictionary of bike parts) and they was hiding the engine, but I remove them because all of the hot air from the engine was going in to my balls  :biggrin:

Bones

Original colours for an 1100,  :unknown: obviously Yamaha had the pink stripe colour scheme worked out way before the 90's.
93 fj1200
79 suzuki gt250x7

Too young to be old but old enough to know better.

Capn Ron

Quote from: Nikolay Ivanov on March 06, 2015, 12:32:16 AM
"But I remove them because all of the hot air from the engine was going into my balls"  :biggrin:

I have been saying this in my best eastern-European accent and it's cracking me the F up!   :lol:
Cap'n Ron. . .

There are two types of people in the world...Those who put people into categories...and those who don't.

ribbert

Quote from: Capn Ron on March 06, 2015, 02:50:46 AM
Quote from: Nikolay Ivanov on March 06, 2015, 12:32:16 AM
"But I remove them because all of the hot air from the engine was going into my balls"  :biggrin:

I have been saying this in my best eastern-European accent and it's cracking me the F up!   :lol:

Funny that, I've been doing the same thing, but in my head. (I live with other people who already have their doubts)

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"