News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Another Tasmanian Lurker

Started by vance2loud, March 27, 2015, 10:12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vance2loud

Hi All,
After seeing a few other Tasmanians on here I thought I should say hello. My name is Vance and I live in Northern Tasmania, I am in my mid 30's and have an 89 FJ1200 with 80,000 k's on the clock that I am slowly modifying.
So far have fitted vibranators to the handlebars, rebuilt the front brake master cylinder, new brake pads and front disks, replaced engine mount rubbers, rebuilt the front forks with .80 springs and Randy's Fork Valves, Fitted a Delkevic stainless 4-2 exhaust and I am about to replace the rear shock and all linkage bearings.
I haven't touched the motor yet apart from a basic service but plan to check the valves and carb balance soon.
I remember when I first started reading this forum I didn't fully believe in "moditus" but once I started looking at what I have done so far and thinking about what I have planned ..........
Maybe I should get out and ride it a bit more before I change any more bits.
Anyway that's enough dribble from me, get out there and enjoy the ride
Here's a pic from before the exhaust change, I will try to get an updated photo when weather allows.
ATGATT - Murphy's law says if you've got the right gear you might not need it, but if you don't you will !!!!!!!!

FJmonkey

That is a nice looking theft deterrent Silver and White... And Murphy was almost correct... But he was an optimist....

Welcome to our digital campfire....
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

movenon

Wow an other Tasmanian ! I see a mini rally soon ! Great to have you with us Vance.  :drinks:
George
Life isn't about having the best, but about making the best of what you have...

1990 FJ 1200

roverfj1200

Welcome to the forum.. Nice looking ride.. :hi:
1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.

Layback

Welcome to the forum Vance

Mini rally.... hmmm... party time  :biggrin:
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

Mark Olson

Mark O.