News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Keeping your tank paint safe w a tank bag?

Started by Easterntide, March 30, 2015, 06:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waiex191

Quote from: ribbert on July 27, 2020, 06:18:14 AM

It looks ready to fly, can't be too much left to do. What engine option did you choose, did your son discover girls or manage to maintain his interest and do you fly regular aircraft?

What a great project to build with your son, I love the look of the continuous line of the engine cowl and the canopy, very Bell X-1ish.
I started a less ambitious project with my son when he was 8, to build a scale car, he's now 30 and let's just say the car has a few bugs to iron out. :lol:

Love the street names!

Noel
My son is still interested.  I've got a bit over 1000 hours in airplanes, helicopters, and gliders.  Unfortunately I haven't flown since 2013.  Time to get back in the saddle.  We have the 80HP Aerovee engine.  Partly for finances, partly because for learning to fly lower power is better.  If you learn to fly in a super cub, no field is too short in your mind.

I have enough money into the airplane to buy a new SUV, and I drive a $500 car.  Not that I actually drive it anymore.  Seems like a good trade.
Bryan
1989 FJ1200
1981 Suzuki GN400
Poplar Grove, IL

vitorino

hi, y'all

I ended up buying a cheap second-hand (yet still in "like-new" condition) magnetic tank bag (that also has straps) off from eBay: it's a German (white label?) brand called "Hanson"

it's very neat, cost me a fraction of what a new one would cost, almost smells like new, very rugged/strong quality, still has all the tags and User manual, has more pockets and zips that I ever imagined or ever will need, transforms into a backpack, transforms into 4 individual pieces, its magnets are super-strong even with heavy groceries on the top "shelf"... and after all I really can still see the dashboard even in its highest setup :-)

I'm very happy with it and will keep it as long as I can even after the FJ is gone one day... as I can still use it in other bikes

here's a rushed picture I took:

regards