Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Knowing what's new.

Started by airheadPete, January 23, 2015, 03:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airheadPete

Hi Marsh.

It seems this was touched on in an earlier post, but:
I'm on the KLR650.net forum as well, and they have a nifty little tool to find your place in a thread. If you've read one, and come back to it later, an option pops up at the top that says "view first unread".
Shazzam! It takes you right to where you left off.
I find it far easier than scrolling through posts thinking "read it, read it, read it, (hmm, I think); ok, this is new!"
What says you? (Or have I missed a tool we already have?) :pardon:
'92 FJ1200.    '84 R100CS
'78 GS750E.   '81 R100RS
'76 R90/6       '89 R100GS
'65 R60/2

the fan

when you are logged in there is an "unread" button at the top of the page. this will let you see what is new since your last visit. simply click the small "new" icon on each thread and it will take you to the first unread post in that thread.

red

Quote from: the fan on January 23, 2015, 04:49:48 AMwhen you are logged in there is an "unread" button at the top of the page. this will let you see what is new since your last visit. simply click the small "new" icon on each thread and it will take you to the first unread post in that thread.
The Fan,

Where is this "new" icon located?  I can click "unread" at the top to see threads with new posts, and each thread shown has a "last post" icon, but that only gets me the Last Post.  (Hover the mouse over that icon on the right, and it says "Last".) Since I have set "Last post on top," the Last Post icon gets me exactly what I would see normally, if I clicked on that thread.  If I have read half of a long thread, and want to re-start with the last post that I have read, how do I get to that middle-of-the-thread post?
Cheers,
Red

P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.

the fan

Somebody smarter than me will have to answer that one. Unread+ new always takes me to the newest post.

Prolly has something to do with cookies and other nerdy stuff.

red

Quote from: the fan on January 24, 2015, 03:06:09 AMSomebody smarter than me will have to answer that one. Unread+ new always takes me to the newest post.  Prolly has something to do with cookies and other nerdy stuff.
The Fan,

Nah, if you can find that NEW icon and I can't, then you know something that I do not.  I do see an icon on the Unread list that says LAST if you put the cursor over it, but that must be something different.  Where is this NEW icon located?

Cheers,
Red
Cheers,
Red

P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.

Mark Olson

After you have clicked the unread , you will see a list of post topics on the left side of your screen .

In the body/word text of the topic will be a little "new" icon . click on that.

Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

red

Quote from: Mark Olson on January 24, 2015, 04:18:47 PMAfter you have clicked the unread , you will see a list of post topics on the left side of your screen .  In the body/word text of the topic will be a little "new" icon . click on that. 
Mark,
So simple, it eluded me.     :bye2:   
Thanks.
Red
Cheers,
Red

Mark Olson

Quote from: red on January 24, 2015, 04:49:41 PM
Quote from: Mark Olson on January 24, 2015, 04:18:47 PMAfter you have clicked the unread , you will see a list of post topics on the left side of your screen .  In the body/word text of the topic will be a little "new" icon . click on that. 
Mark,
So simple, it eluded me.     :bye2:   
Thanks.
Red

Glad I could help ..  :drinks:
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

the fan

... and I thought I was special.Dagnabbit