News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

T/sig issue on my 89

Started by turbocamino, April 02, 2015, 02:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbocamino

Gentlemen, Looking for second opinion...I just un-wrapped mine from its winter hibernation...all seemed well..except while testing my turn sigs, both sides initially blinked normal then,after a few seconds the right side stared blinking very fast...like a bad bulb...but all bulbs are ok. I did verify this with know good ones and also  went over all the grounds and connections.  i will add that at first the left side blinked normal too...but intermitantly will also begin blinking very fast......so, at this time, i am wanting to replace the black Denso T/sig flasher box (FB257H                                       Am i headed in the rite direction?   Thanks.  Brian
89 FJ1200 saphire.blu owned 8-9 years.  By far the most satisfying of them all. Constant tinkering got me the best bike you could ever want.

turbocamino

89 FJ1200 saphire.blu owned 8-9 years.  By far the most satisfying of them all. Constant tinkering got me the best bike you could ever want.

ribbert

Quote from: turbocamino on April 02, 2015, 02:51:26 PM
Gentlemen, Looking for second opinion...I just un-wrapped mine from its winter hibernation...all seemed well..except while testing my turn sigs, both sides initially blinked normal then,after a few seconds the right side stared blinking very fast...like a bad bulb...but all bulbs are ok. I did verify this with know good ones and also  went over all the grounds and connections.  i will add that at first the left side blinked normal too...but intermitantly will also begin blinking very fast......so, at this time, i am wanting to replace the black Denso T/sig flasher box (FB257H                                       Am i headed in the rite direction?   Thanks.  Brian

If they worked when you parked it up, I would take it for a reasonable ride first, get everything warmed up and dry. Condensation can do funny things over a Winter lay off.
It may not be your problem but what a great way to eliminate it as a possible cause.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"