News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Hell everyone from newby from Australia

Started by TimelessFJ, April 03, 2015, 08:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Filetti

Quote from: Bones on April 05, 2015, 04:53:06 PM
Impressive dyno sheets,  :good2: those figures would embarrass many a modern bike, and out of curiosity, have you done that yet. These things are top gear roll on kings standard, more so with those figures.

Seriously.  Those are big numbers.  I heard an expression once that I'm reminded of looking at that dyno-sheet.  'speed costs money, how fast do you want to spend?'  That's to say, a sheet like that is not inexpensive.  Nice work.   

Dan
Live hardy, or go home. 

TimelessFJ

G'day Greg, welcome to the forum, anything you want to know about the FJ just ask, its amazing at times the different things that some people on here know and are willing to share.

Impressive dyno sheets,  :good2: those figures would embarrass many a modern bike, and out of curiosity, have you done that yet. These things are top gear roll on kings standard, more so with those figures.

Tony.
Thanks Bones, I haven't had a trait line run with any modern bikes, but the previous owner left one of those new 1600 compressors in hi wake, I have ridden a ZX14 ninja and I don't think there's much if any difference in the get up and go stakes over a quarter, this old girl is good for mid to high 9s, the Dyno sheet is at the back wheel as well and not the crank like they give the numbers in the FJ spec Sheets, she is great fun and it has much more torque then the 14 I think, the 14 winds up ok but I can get into it like rat up a drainpipe, or Hugh Hefner into a Bunny no muck in around Lol
1984 FJ1100, 1314cc Big Bore, Cam Grind, Barnet's Clutch Conversion, Head Porting For 181bhp, Mikuni RS36 Flat Slide Carbs, Uni Filters, 4 into 1, 92ftlb Torque, Stock apart from motor,
It's not age catching up with me I've just Overtaken My Youth

TimelessFJ

Quote from: Troyskie on April 06, 2015, 12:21:28 AM
G'day Greg, welcome to the camp! I'm not far south (Nowra), so a trip up through Kangaroo Valley is worth it (just wait for the Easter madness to die down).
Thanks for the heads up, I love that area that's where I learnt to ride down through Kangaroo Valley, love those roads, Remember the Bong Bong Races haha, have a story or two from there later on,
1984 FJ1100, 1314cc Big Bore, Cam Grind, Barnet's Clutch Conversion, Head Porting For 181bhp, Mikuni RS36 Flat Slide Carbs, Uni Filters, 4 into 1, 92ftlb Torque, Stock apart from motor,

TimelessFJ

Quote from: Dan Filetti on April 06, 2015, 09:00:41 AM

Seriously.  Those are big numbers.  I heard an expression once that I'm reminded of looking at that dyno-sheet.  'speed costs money, how fast do you want to spend?'  That's to say, a sheet like that is not inexpensive.  Nice work.   

Dan
Hello Dan, Too true Mate, cost a bit to keep you original engine number that's for sure, but when it's gone and you go for a ride I guess it doesn't matter any more