News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Niagara spring FJ clinic, May 16th.

Started by fj johnnie, April 05, 2015, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fj johnnie

Hello fellow FJ riders . Myself and Mr.Wags are planning on having another FJ clinic. This year we will pull apart a clutch, and go through the steps to do a replacement. All are welcome. There is plenty of room in the garage and in the driveway.
After the clinic we hope to go for a ride in the Niagara peninsula. I hope it isn't snowing still.

paulfj03

Quote from: fj johnnie on April 05, 2015, 07:45:10 PM
Hello fellow FJ riders . Myself and Mr.Wags are planning on having another FJ clinic. This year we will pull apart a clutch, and go through the steps to do a replacement. All are welcome. There is plenty of room in the garage and in the driveway.
After the clinic we hope to go for a ride in the Niagara peninsula. I hope it isn't snowing still.

It should be good!!
Looking forward to the ride too... maybe long point as well??
AND... im not dutch, so coffee will be free??  :rofl2: :yahoo:

fj johnnie

Coffee is free. Sugar and cream , different story.

Sabre093

That date correct..that's the long weekend... :boredom:
2009 FJR 1300
1992 FJ 1200
1987 FJ 1200 Sold
1986 FJ 1200 Sold
1985 Venture Royale
1976 GoldWing
1986 FZ 750
1986 GPZ 900
1984 Honda Nighthawk S 750
1982 Honda Nighthawk 450

fj johnnie

The only other weekend in May that works is the first weekend . That is too early weather wise. So yes, it is the only one that works. John

Tiger

Pencil moi in please. More than happy to hook up with my FJ compatriots for an early season shindig :good2:

John.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in an attractive & well preserved body...but rather to slide in sideways, body completely worn out and and with your last dying breath screaming, "HOOOYA LIFE, lets try that again"!!!

PaulG

Oh here it is...  :pardon:

If my calculations are correct, I will be getting home from work that morning.  What time do the festivities begin?

If my collector box issue is sorted, then I'll be on the bike. If not, it'll have to be the 4 wheel mode of transport.

Depending on my state of awareness after a 12 hr shift, I may have to beg the use of a hammock, or lawn furniture to flake out for a bit before any touring later. If weather permits.
1992 FJ1200 ABS
YouTube Channel Paul G

Zwartie

Would love to but Mr. Hersey and I will be carving up the curves in Boone, NC that weekend. Have a great clinic!

Quote from: fj johnnie on April 05, 2015, 07:45:10 PM
Ben Zwart
London, ON
1992 FJ1200
1977 KZ200

CanDman

I will definitely try to make this one !!!!  :drinks: ....oh....will the clinic include a bit on airshifters ?   :mocking:
Kev
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

fj johnnie

We will  have plenty of airheads, but air shifters? I know not of such things.

Charlie-brm

Quote from: fj johnnie on April 05, 2015, 08:53:59 PM
Coffee is free. Sugar and cream , different story.

Stuart: I take my coffee the way I take my women.

Stacey: Are you sure you want to pay 75 bucks for a cup of coffee?

Sorry but I couldn't resist. It's one of my favourite smack downs from "Spin City"
If someone wants to see any images I refer to in posts, first check my gallery here. If no bueno, send me a PM. More than glad to share.
Current Model: 1990 FJ1200 3CV since 2020
Past Models: 1984 FJ1100 - 2012 to 2020
1979 XS750SF - 2005 to 2012

LeaperV12

:hi:
Looking forward to attending my first FJ Clinic  :i_am_so_happy:

On a side note: i am looking for an exhaust (Slipons Preferred) to make this bike sound more audible and liter like
90 FJ1200
04 Yamaha R1 (naked)

fj1289

Quote from: CanDman on April 07, 2015, 06:19:56 PM
I will definitely try to make this one !!!!  :drinks: ....oh....will the clinic include a bit on airshifters ?   :mocking:
Kev

Kev - I won't be in Niagra anytime soon...but if you have any airshifter questions I should be able to help

paulfj03

Quote from: LeaperV12 on April 09, 2015, 10:25:59 PM

Looking forward to attending my first FJ Clinic  :i_am_so_happy:

On a side note: i am looking for an exhaust (Slipons Preferred) to make this bike sound more audible and liter like
Excellent! It will be great to meet you...
Its a great way to get the solutions , or fixes, to many of the mysterious problems that come up ... get parts sources, have a few laughs , ... and go for a ride, to boot , with other local FJers . 
  :drinks:

CanDman

Quote from: fj1289 on April 09, 2015, 10:33:19 PM
Quote from: CanDman on April 07, 2015, 06:19:56 PM
Kev

Kev - I won't be in Niagra anytime soon...but if you have any airshifter questions I should be able to help

Right on brother !! I love this site...so much insight... :mocking: even for an airhead like me.. :rofl: . First and most obvious question (and seeing how it relates to this thread). How does it work? How different are they from a regular clutch? Are they hard to squeeze? Are they street friendly? And what type of maintenance should I prepare for? LOL......There's a few for ya? Sorry.... :blush:
Kev 
Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make