News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Is there a problem on its way.

Started by Goody, April 25, 2015, 04:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goody

Hi all , stared having a little bit of trouble finding neutral on my 91 don't know if it's the light just not coming on or some trouble leaking mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :scratch_one-s_head:
John NZ.

Goody

John NZ.

mark1969

Possibly the clutch circuit needs bleeding / overhauling? If there is air in the clutch circuit it may be difficult to change gears or find neutral.

Goody

Thanks Mark was going to give that a go  (and defo will now )the fluid has not been changed to my knowledge . Had the bike two years just coming up to 78000ks.
John NZ.

Steve_in_Florida

Goody,
My clutch master recently started leaking fluid, weeping out the seal. I noticed moisture at the pivot point, and a little paint and plastic damage on the left side.

Time for a rebuild kit.

Look also for signs of a leaking clutch slave cylinder, down by your left foot.

Probably also time for a rebuild kit.

Rubber seals only last so long.

The typical "upgrade" at that point is to switch to a braided clutch line.

Steve
`90 FJ-1200
`92 FJ-1200

IBA # 54823

Goody

Quote from: Steve_in_Florida on April 25, 2015, 05:25:33 PM
Goody,
My clutch master recently started leaking fluid, weeping out the seal. I noticed moisture at the pivot point, and a little paint and plastic damage on the left side.

Time for a rebuild kit.

Look also for signs of a leaking clutch slave cylinder, down by your left foot.

Probably also time for a rebuild kit.

Rubber seals only last so long.

The typical "upgrade" at that point is to switch to a braided clutch line.

Steve.     Thanks Steve will check for signs first light . Appreciate you posting . John NZ
John NZ.

Goody

Hi all problem sorted regarding trouble. Brewing on my 91 clutch . Checked fluid by taking off master cylinder  Resivour cover . Was a bit low. Bled several times and now clutch bite is like before and neutral is easy to move into. All good.
John NZ.

Steve_in_Florida

:good2:

Keep a sharp eye out for leaks. The fluid went SOMEWHERE.

Steve
`90 FJ-1200
`92 FJ-1200

IBA # 54823